UPS, you lied! Late deliveries..

I am expecting some packages today and the tracking says out for delivery. It's now 9:10 PM and UPS delivered packages next door and across the street but not here. Don't play games with me UPS! Side note: UPS has been making deliveries quite later in the evening (probably due to the upcoming holiday). What about in your area? Usually it was latest 8PM, but now I'm getting deliveries latest at 9PM.
Havent seen them here late yet. Maybe people just arent buying in here
The other day, they came really late and didn't knock or ring the doorbell I was downstairs and heard a thump and it was a package.
@infatuatedbby oh man. We dont even hear the boxes these days.
@Courtlynn Hehe! I only buy things if theres free shipping!
@lady1993 (15600)
I have stuff delivered to my office so they do not get lost
Smart idea!
@moffittjc (35735)
• Gainesville, Florida
I have that problem with FedEx, but not UPS. When I receive packages from UPS, they are usually waiting at my door when I get home from work. So, that means the UPS guy is getting them to me before 6PM each day. So far, no late deliveries from UPS, although that may change when it gets closer to Christmas. But then again, maybe not...I live in a gated community, and during the weekdays the gates are open, but at 6PM each night they close, so UPS would have a tougher time getting in after 6PM.
I get more problems with USPS. This was the first time I had a problem with UPS (besides another incident in the past). But my packages ended up arriving today! Actually two of mine did and my fiancé was waiting for his as well with UPS and it didn't come the same time. 15 minutes later, a different UPS truck came and his was on that one. Lol. I read on the news UPS is running late / delayed due to Cyber Monday orders still rolling out. That's nice to live in a gated community. :)
@moffittjc (35735)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby I thought of you today when I got home from work and found a UPS package by my door. I had ordered a product from Amazon, and the UPS tracking number said it was scheduled to be delivered on December 13th, but it arrived today!!! This is why I love UPS (and hate FedEx)
@moffittjc Hahaha. I have a couple of packages supposed to come today but they didn't. I don't count on it anymore Glad you got your order early!
I always have stuff delivered to my po box and so far this season everything has arrived.
I have some things delivered to my PO box too. :) Glad all your orders are being mailed promptly.
@infatuatedbby Thank you my friend and I hope your stuff comes soon.
@TRBRocks420 Thank you. I am sure they're just running a little late.
No, nothing is delivered here after 7 PM.
It has been quite late. Today was 8:30PM, still late. I would like no later than 7PM that is a reasonable time latest!
@infatuatedbby It's also for safety reason that here late deliveries are not allowed. They can deliver from 7 am to 7 pm.
@LadyDuck 7Am is early! But I think 8AM to 7PM would be reasonable. Last time at 9PM they didnt even ring the doorbell. If I wasn't downstairs I would have never known.
I've shipped a heavy duffle bag from Wyoming to Colorado with UPS. I had no problems. Shipped my bike FedEx, though.
FedEx is pretty pricey,? :) I had no choice, its the company paid via UPS. But UPS is backed up from cyber monday orders. =P
@infatuatedbby - Oh, that makes perfect sense.
@teamfreak16 Yep but I ended up getting my packages today. :)
• Dallas, Texas
A friend of ours had me be his look out for a package he was expecting. He had to go out of town so I had eyes on his porch. I would look down the street and even walk several times to his porch just to keep an eye on things. Nothing showed up and an Email to the effect that the package had already been delivered 2 days ago, made him anxious and he called and asked if I was watching his porch 2 days ago and I said, Yes, three different times. Later on he contacted them and they said the package actually had not yet been delivered and the Email notification was a mistake and it might be several MORE days before the package will arrive. Still waiting and wondering.
OH MY GOSH! How long is your friend out of town for? That is so annoying right? Waiting and waiting and the package has yet to come. And in your case, says delivered when really it has not been! I hope it comes soon.
• Dallas, Texas
@infatuatedbby , I will be totally happy when it finally does arrive and I can get a break. lol
@lookatdesktop I sure hope it arrives soon Any update to the tracking number?
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
Never uses UPS before. So I cannot tell. And did it arrive?
Yes arrived today (just a day late)
@JustBhem (22514)
• Davao, Philippines
@infatuatedbby Not bad at all.
@JustBhem Yep, except I was waiting for it the other day but that's ok =)
• Guangdong, China
well, the delivers usually call us firstly when they are going to deliver the products, thus, normally, they won't put the wrong place, otherwise, we will call them when something wrong.
Oh they don't ever call us here.
• Guangdong, China
@infatuatedbby why? Calling is much affective!
@Behindtheguitarbar No such thing as calling to deliver a package here =) We have tracking numbers though.
@Srbageldog (5516)
I haven't had anything delivered that late this year, but I have in the past during the holiday season. You would think that if they delivered packages to your neighbors, though, they could have delivered yours at the same time...
I guess maybe I have to wait until tomorrow. Originally thought the deliver person might have delivered to the wrong house because it's happened before. The way the house address is laid out, it can get confusing. But the tracking didn't update so probably delayed a day! And you're right you'd think they delivered next door and across the street, that I'd get my package too!
@infatuatedbby Hopefully you get it tomorrow! That would make too much sense, I guess.
@Srbageldog Thank you! I hope so too. :) I wouldn't want my package lost!
Usually these express companies delivery faster. If not, then they will not pay back for you anyway and you have to still keep waiting for it...
I did not go with Express. Express shipping is expensive =) But my package did end up getting delivered today, just a day delayed.
I was surprised at times how late packages arrive via ups etc. Hopefully it arrives soon! I've seen a lot of mylotters having shipping problems.
Today they came at 8:30PM!! Still late in my opinion. I think reasonable time is 7pm latest
@rina110383 (23238)
Same thing happens with our postal and courier services here in my country.
They come that late too?
@peachpurple (10708)
8 am supposed to wait for 5 different courier service today but only one cane, the rest did not update their Delivery status, called them, line disconnected
Sorry to hear that. I hope they follow through.
I have to deal with UPS daily because of my job, and while usually there aren't problems, it is no surprise really when something that is scheduled to be delivered (or picked up) at the shop either doesn't arrive or is sitting there still the next day. And this is their busiest time of year...the 'holiday season' is always a madhouse at the delivery hub if I have to go out there. But yeah...sometimes I wanna grab the driver by his face and just smack him around a bit.
My package ended up being delivered today! Actually .... 2 UPS stopped by within 15 minutes. Not sure if its the same one...... I got the two packages that was supposed to arrive yesterday today ... and my fiancé didn't get his. 15 minutes later another knock. Theres a news article today I read UPS is backed up because of Cyber Monday orders. I go to the post office a couple times a week if not daily and that is no fun... waiting in line
@cahaya1983 (9655)
Oh no, sorry to hear that. I think I've read quite a few discussions about people having issues with delivery lately. 9pm is quite late for delivery. We don't get deliveries after 6pm usually.
Yes, 9PM was quite late. I just saw on the news this particular company is delayed a little because of Cyber Monday orders. Today they delivered at 8:30 PM, still rather late in my opinion.
@RodrickH (1121)
Call customer service
I am sure it'll be mailed tomorrow. Probably just a delay.
@bunnybon7 (33110)
• Holiday, Florida
I don't know. mine sometimes says out for delivery and I don't get it till next day
Strange thing huh!
@bunnybon7 (33110)
• Holiday, Florida
@infatuatedbby yes once the UpS man came on sunday here
17h
@bunnybon7 wow lol !!
Yes, I called my relatives and they reminded me about the box they sent us here that needs to be checked whether it's been delivered or not. Unfortunately, I forgot it again yesterday.
I hope you check to see if your package delivers.
@infatuatedbby It was reported that the last ASEAN summit was the cause of the delays
@Letranknight2015 oh i see, hope you get it soon= )
@nomus24g (16428)
we get deliveries by 6pm....rarely any logistic/shipping co delivers after 6pm...high chances of delivery are between 2 - 3 pm
That is a good time. Do they call you and you pay upon delivery? I hear that is common in Asian countries, but not here.
@nomus24g (16428)
@infatuatedbby no they dont call up...only if door is locked, they will either leave a memo or call up to inform their next trip....Cash on Delivery is opted by many, I generally per pay it...
@nomus24g oh i see.