It might be time for a change...

By JJ
So Dad's mulcher/mower quit working the other day...didn't take me long to find that the primer bulb you push to prime gas into the carburetor had a crack in it and air leaking in was the culprit. So I ordered one...$3, no big deal. But the catch is, Briggs & Stratton makes a special tool to remove the old primer bulb with. $28.00 By the time tax and shipping is added, it was a $40.00 order. But Dad said it was probably cheaper than the service charge at a repair shop, so I ordered it. Yesterday it came in, so I went out to put it on the mower. And while I was at it, I checked the air cleaner to see if it needed a new one. I'm not sure how many years Dad has had this mower, but evidently it had never been changed. So I replaced that this morning. Now it's just a matter of waiting for springtime again.
@mandala100 (25358)
@JolietJake I'm sure that mower will be ready and all good for Springtime my friend.
Spring will be back again someday!! For you better get the shovel dusted off and ready to go!!
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That air cleaner had definitely done its job, it was maxed out for sure!
At least you can fix it. We would have to abandon it on the curb and buy a new one. We have no skills.
I've always been a tinkerer
@LoriAMoore (10121)
I've broken so many things lately. Sigh.
Seems like I am always fixing something broken by someone else lately
At least when spring comes you'll be good to go.