~Learning Can Be Awesome!~

Pixabay
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone, I hope your day is going well so far. The kids did their Mystery Science website and the lessons were awesome! I watch along with them, ask them questions about what's being taught and make sure they understand the lesson. Today was really cool! First they learned about joints and tendons. They used a robot in the lesson to show robots can't do all we can do because they don't have joints, tendons or muscles. They showed a dissection of a chicken foot and leg as well so we could see the muscles and tendons inside of it! The second lesson was about the eyes. We learned about the cornea, retina and the lens. For this one they dissected a cow's eye which was another cool lesson! Now they are doing their other learning website, that they work independently on and it emails me with their progress and scores. Have you seen anything cool or learned anything new today?
Wow, thats one heck of a learning site!
@Courtlynn Yeah it's a really good site! =)
@LovingMyBabies glad you guys have it to use
Yes I found new turkey mushrooms but they were green. I have to look those up.
@andriaperry Neat! I hope you find some good information on them.
Everything on myLot of course!
@JohnRoberts Very true!
That is so cool. Do you have to pay for these sites?
@Misunderstood_zombie Nope, it is free!
@LovingMyBabies Wow, I went to the site, and it looks fun. I think even adults could learn a lot from this site.
Nothing new today. Sounds like you have some great sites to teach the kids with.
@celticeagle Yes, this year they are learning so much because of the awesome online tools I have found to help on our journey.
@LovingMyBabies ......That is great.
@Tina30219 (26605)
• Onaway, Michigan
That is cool they are learning all this. I have not learned anything new in a long time
@Tina30219 I think so too!
@Tina30219 (26605)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Will make for interesting life choices when they decided what they want to do when they grow up
@Genipher (5242)
Wait. Your kids dissected a cow's eye or they watched someone dissect the eye? The first one sounds like a great, hands-on experience! So to get a robot that can do what we do we have to turn them into cyborgs, eh?
@Genipher Oh no we did not dissect anything, we watched a video of someone doing it. Lol. It was enlightening though since I have never seen anything dissected before and neither have my kids.
@Genipher (5242)
5h
@LovingMyBabies When I mentioned the dissection to my kids, my eldest (who I thought would be interested) was grossed out. It sounds neat to me!
@cahaya1983 (9477)
That's so cool. I'm so happy there are so many educational websites and material for kids these days. We downloaded a bunch of TED videos for the kids and we really enjoy watching them together.
@cahaya1983 I agree, it's awesome that there are so many learning tools out there!
I'm sure you're learning nearly as much as the kids. It is great that they make it so interesting.
@JudyEv I am learning a lot as well! =)
Wow lots of interesting things for them to learn today. That is great and you learned along with them.
@Happy2beme Yes it was very interesting! =) I definitely enjoyed today's lessons.
• Portland, Connecticut
I don't think I learned anything thing today but that sounds like a great lesson for them.
@BelleStarr Thanks, it was a great lesson!
That is so awesome! How much does this website cost? I am interested. Today I found this: It's really fun, and free. Both kids loved it.
Toggle navigation Login / Free Signup Free online Kindergarten to Grade 6 Reading, Language & Grammar program that kids love! 112252 kids enrolled! Create Free Account Provided through the generosity of . Become a sponsor today! We provide a free, robust,
@thehousewife It's free! You just go to Mysteryscience.com and sign up for the free year membership. =) I will check that out, thank you!
@LovingMyBabies that is so awesome! I will definitely make an account. Science is better with interactive media than just books, and I still haven't found the courage to do experiments at home.
@thehousewife Yes, it's a wonderful program and all of my kids love it! =)
That is cool, something that will stay with them for a lifetime I'm sure. Some lessons are like that. I did learn something today.......my boss told me that he's so appreciative of me coming into the office all upbeat and lifting everyone's spirits everyday. And I thought it was them doing that to me-what a nice thing for him to say.
@Juliaacv I thought so too! We all loved the lessons yesterday. =) Aw, that is so amazingly sweet for him to say!! I have to say that I am not surprised at all. You are a light!
@LovingMyBabies Oh thank you! I was taken back when he said that, that's quite a statement from a businessman.
@kobesbuddy (19515)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Those are wonderful lessons, that bring back fond memories of an awesome Science teacher! Yes, learning can be very enjoyable, when there's a strong desire to find out something new:)
@kobesbuddy I think so too! We had a good time today learning. =)
@kobesbuddy (19515)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies My sweet father lived to be 91 years old and he never lost his hunger, to learn something new:)
I remember when my teacher desiccated a pig's eye, I thought I was going to pass out.
@Daelii (2035)
Lol I skipped school the day we were all suppose to disect a frog. No thanks!!! That sounds like a great website! Thanks for sharing it!
@prashu228 (22851)
Dissection of cow's eye .. sounds cool.. hope they had lots of fun
@prashu228 They love it!
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
not much cool but we do learn something every day even if it is just in our family.
@bunnybon7 That's true, we are learning every day. =)
@rina110383 (23095)
Yep, I did. I learned something about seats inside airplanes (local) from my friend. Will have to relay it to my friend in US who will visit me next year about the information I got today.
@renicemae (2269)
wow! I love the way teachers tought kids in your area. They engage them into actual experiments wherein kids can easily digest the lessons. I like that. I am more into understanding things better if I am able to do it in hands on.
@UncleJoe (8530)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Yes, I am on my 3rd lesson. Becky is teaching me how to eat with a fork.