vegan tomato sandwich? Who knew.

https://pixabay.com/en/tomato-red-salad-food-fresh-769999/
Dallas, Texas
To be a meat eater at the end of times is kind of like living in denial, or I don't care? I mean, if you want to you can make your bacon well, meatless by going vegan! Did I hear you say, "HOLD THE MAYO" ? 'cause mayonnaise contains egg yolks. So what would work better than making a vegan version of the famous BLT! Well, you could just use that black bean stuff or stuff made from Tofu? I will just have a tomato. No bread, just salt and leave it at that. Only I ain't VEGAN! So I will make my BLT with bacon, lettuce and tomato with plenty of mayo on it. LOL. Then there are those who favor a meatless diet so for those of you who are bound by a certain humanitarian way of looking at food, the link below might be of interest to ya. Enjoy! What's your take on going Vegan during the so called end times?
What is a vegan and what do they eat? Read on to find out what you need to know about a vegan diet and eating vegan. A definition and more.
If God wanted me to be vegan I would have been born a rabbit, however, He made me an omnivore so I eat both veggies and meat or fish.
Good answer
thanks @Happy2BeMe it's good to know I ain't alone. I do love animals and hate anyone who is cruel to them but still, I am watt I am.
• Dallas, Texas
I would not be willing to give up bacon either, lol
I can't go vegan, because then I start feeling weak (been previously anemic), but I won't touch beef or pork. Can't stand the fat, taste or smell of them. We just have lean chicken and fish once a week. As for sandwiches, we spread pesto sauce on bread, add some cheese and tomato (or any other veggies) and grill it on the sandwich maker. Yummm!
• Dallas, Texas
Sounds good.
@rina110383 (23095)
Still want to eat meat, I love tomatoes though.
• Dallas, Texas
I have to say, I am one of those who will eat all kinds of meat, fish and poultry but thinking about all the things that I could eat instead and I think more along the line of beans, rice, tofu, soybean burgers and I start to think, HOW BORING IT WOULD BE that is, for me. I respect the animals I choose to have for dinner and again, there is a certain degree of logic to going Vegan, but again, I am not all that logical.
I have a few vegan meals and Ilve them. I am new to the whole meatless stuff. But I would love to learn to cook tofu though. I just don't' drain it well.
• Dallas, Texas
They make tofu burgers and they are well, different.
What to do when one doesn't like tomatoes as I do?
@FourWalls (9920)
I'm allergic to every meat except chicken, so I guess that makes me a vegetarian of sorts.....
I am not vegan, but we have a version of vegan tomato sandwich in Italy and it's called "brushcetta". Grill slices of Italian bread, brush with olive oil, rub with garlic, place on top slices of tomatoes and eat.
I can be a vegan. But I still can't refuse to eat some meat.