Christmas preparations continue

My liqueurs and my cakes
Derby, England
Yesterday I decanted my cranberry vodka into a fresh bottle and then used the cranberries that had been in there to make a boozy cranberry sauce which is now in the fridge. The cranberry vodka can be drunk as a liqueur or as a long drink with soda water. It is the most beautiful red colour and so clear too. I have also made toffee vodka which is basically vodka with caramels dissolved in it and this is wonderful liqueur. I added a bit of salt to this one so it is a salted caramel liqueur . I made two fruit and nut cakes using a ripe from the internet. The are ore fruit and nut that cake trying to emulate those I used to have in Australia and we bought in Costa Rica from the Collin Street bakery on the pineapple farm there. One of the cakes is going to come to London with us and will be a gift for my niece who has just had baby girl and we all going to visit on Saturday afternoon. I have wrapped all the gifts for my step son and his partner, my niece and baby and we are taking a home made Christmas pudding to my step son's " in laws" as they are having Christmas with them. We are staying with my daughter and her partner so I have some things for them but they will be coming up for Christmas so I don't need to take their gifts. Tomorrow I have to stay at home as my step daughter is having "Santa" deliver his gifts for her children here. They have asked for bicycles so we have to store them hidden till the big day.
I love fruit cake - especially at Christmas. I haven't started any baking yet - I think I'll be way behind this year.
• Derby, England
@Kandae11 The cake is very tasty. I would make it again. I love the whole nuts in it and used crystalised ginger in mine which dded an extra zing
You are very busy but getting lots down for the holiday. The cranberry vodka sounds very good and also the salted caramel liqueur. Enjoy your family time.
• Derby, England
@Happy2BeMeT vodkas are great and so easy as you start with a basic vodka. The cake is really good too and full of nuts and fruit.
@catsholiday sounds delicious
@Destesh (104)
• Kenya
You have a lot to do
• Derby, England
@Destesh The list is getting shorter day by day! Do you celebrate Christmas and if so what do you do in Kenya ? What food do you eat on the day?
Wow your a busy bee.
• Derby, England
Hopefully that will mean Christmas will be less stressful if we are well organised.
You sure are busy making a lot of good food. Have a fun day with what is left of it.
You've been busy. Congratulations to your niece on her new baby, and I hope everyone likes their gifts you made for them.
It is quite exciting to be hiding presents from the kids. You sound very organised.
@Madshadi (4684)
• Brussels, Belgium
I hope your efforts will be compensated with perfect Christmas
@Daelii (2037)
that sounds so good! how do you stay so organized with so much going on???
• Derby, England
@Daelii I manage to get a lot done by being organised. I keeps me sane and less stressed
@sallypup (21877)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm not a boozer but I love how old fashioned your holidays are.
You caught my attention at toffee vodka gosh that sounds good.