Do you think old movies are overrated?

@Madshadi (4963)
Brussels, Belgium
I was browsing ShowBox trying to find a good movie to watch. As I didn’t know how good some movie titles are, I choose the option to view the best rated movies only. Most movies under that category were from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Today’s movies can’t be that bad. I thought of two possible reasons behind this. 1. Old movies have been there longer so it is logical that they have more reviews; 2. There weren’t many good movies back then so any movie would be seen as good and would be remembered for lifetime. For example, if back to the future was released today, it wouldn’t be that popular in my opinion. Do you like old movies?
I much prefer vintage movies as they are better written and made and not as childish and preachy as today's fare.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
People have different tastes I suppose. There are many well made movies today. Like the hobbit/Lord of The Rings triology. And if you compare the old batman movie and the new one for example, the new one seems much more interesting as a storyline and not just special effects. But I agree with you that most movies nowadays are childish and preachy.
• Preston, England
I love old movies, including silent movies from the 20's let alone the 1970's
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
The only silent movie I’ve ever watched was Charlie Chaplin. I still remember the one with the lion in cage.
• Preston, England
@Madshadi Some Chaplin was good though more technically accomplished than funny
@rina110383 (23569)
I'd watch those in the 90's.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
Some of the best movies were made in the 90’s
• Derby, England
I think the sites showing the films have to pay less for older ones. I like the films of the 70s to today but some of the really old ones I find too dated
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
I wouldn’t watch any movie made before the 80’s. I believe that those movies are outdated.
• Derby, England
@Madshadi Sometimes they are special and if you are into cinema they have specific techniques first used back then
@cahaya1983 (9723)
There are a few 90's movies I still like until today. But I seldom watch movies older than that, except some local movies.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
It depends on. I hardly watch old movies because there are still many new movies waiting for me to watch. Sometimes I think that the old movie was nice before but I don't think so when I watch it again now. Perhaps everything looks so outdated and it looks less attractive.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
There weren't many good movies in those old days. So people found any new movie interesting. Same movies wouldn't be that popular if they were released today.
I love old movies, especially when the movies are the really old ones in black and white.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
If I watched those for 5 minutes I would have headaches for the entire day. But, different people different tastes
Old movies weren't as violent and full of curse words like some of today's movies.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
The 90’s were pretty violent and full of bad words. But before that maybe not.
Yes, I do. I think every year has it's best and worst. I would hope that Back To the Future would still be a hit today, because I love it so much.
@SAM774 (2224)
yes yes damn .... old movies are damn overrated
• Calgary, Alberta
I had been watching a lot of old movies lately. Seeing a movie where no one takes a selfie feels so good.