Winter Surprise

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I woke up super early this morning, and thought about going back to bed, but realized it was a good thing to be awake early. I'll be leaving in just over an hour for the hospital for my drug infusion for my colitis. However, being dark at 2 in the morning, I wasn't aware of what awaited me when I stepped out the door to go to the pool. Surprise! It snowed. For me that is a wonderful surprise. I know it isn't for a lot of people, and I do hope my son didn't have any trouble driving, as the roads are slippery, as I found out on my way to the pool. He drives 45 minutes to work and back. So, I thought I would give you all a glimpse of my world this morning. I am just home from the pool, and still need to eat before I leave. I will try to get as much interaction done before I leave in an hour. I think I'll leave a little early due to road conditions. How are you all doing this fine morning? Thanks for reading.
I know you love the snow so it's all good!
Yes, it is, and I think this is going to be around for a while. It's not going to get warm anytime soon to melt it.
I'm sure that was a nice surprise waiting for you! =) I hope you have a wonderful day.
It's been a day. I guess it was a good one. Nothing bad happened.
@Emmlex1000 (1417)
• Lagos, Nigeria
It lovely to have nice weather like that wish you best of joy this season
Thank you. I wish you the best of the holiday season as well.
Will the Packers be playing in snow bowl?
Only if Cleveland is played outside, as they play the Browns at their home stadium. I do think I just saw snow is expected in Ohio. So, it's possible.
@rina110383 (23692)
A bit tired from work. I wish I'll have a longer sleep tonight.
I hope you do.
we are supposed to get a touch of this over the weekend
It's going to be very cold for you. I'm still adjusting to the cold.
@just4him yes,but I am used to this Val.
@amadeo I will be. Temps are going to be low for quite a while. We get a slight warm up tomorrow - 30.
That's great, I know how you love the snow. We woke to a tiny bit of it, but not enough to cover the ground. I'll be leaving for the hospital within the hour.
I hope it all went well.
@just4him I was there early and they took me early. Just a good example of being willing to work with the powers that be. The lady that was ahead of me was really being a pain, she didn't have her blood work done, stated it was a religious belief and she went on an on. So really quietly a nurse came to where I was and told my nurse that they could take me now....quickly. And it was said very hushed so that the other lady nearby couldn't hear me. I guess manners do count!
@Juliaacv I'm glad they took you early. When will you know how everything went, or do you already know?
@sugartoes (34845)
• Greencastle, Indiana
it's trying to snow here, so I'm really glad I did what I had to do yesterday & that's to make sure all the babies had enough food for the week so I wouldn't have to do it in the snow today. I do hope you are careful going & getting back home safely & you day goes good for you as we all deserve a good day.
That's good you got everything done yesterday regarding the dogs. I got there and back safe, thank you.
@Dena91 (3713)
We're expecting a dusting tomorrow afternoon and evening. I am ready. Be safe. Hope all goes well for you at the hospital.
It didn't go as planned. But at least it's done and over with. Stay safe with your dusting tomorrow.
@yugocean (4700)
Have a nice snow; our weather was fine I liked it. Had good time in warm winter day. You take care about everything. I too was not well yesterday but today I felt better.
I'm glad you're feeling better today. Thank you. It's snowing at the moment.
@yugocean (4700)
@just4him When wether gets proper, you can see your grandchildren playing with snow too.
@yugocean No, I won't. My grandchildren are all adults, and my great-grandchildren don't live near me.
@nela13 (716)
• Portugal
The picture of your window to the street is beautiful
Thank you.
We had a bit of snow, just a tiny bit, and that is enough for me. I am one who dislikes snow with a passion. Glad you like it, though.
Not everyone can like it like I do. I just wish we had a more gradual decline in temps than the sudden plunge. My body is still getting over the shock.
I know that winter surprise would make you very happy.
Yes, it did. I wasn't expecting it. When I looked at the ten day forecast there wasn't but one day with snow and that was a slim chance sometime next week.
@dodoazo (11383)
I woke past nine in the morning. I had sleeped for 10 hours for I fell asleep 11 in the evening. I remember I have a series of dreams. It's a good sleep.
I'm glad you had a good sleep.
@JustBhem (22746)
• Davao, Philippines
Wow. White Christmas is coming.
Yes, it is.
Just be very careful while driving.
I was very careful. The streets were decent by the time I came home from the hospital.
@Daelii (2160)
That would make my kids happy! Me? I am happy they are happy. I dont really like snow but it can be fun if there is enough to do something with! My day is going great. I have a sleeping baby in me and wish I ate breakfast. Lol
Kids always like winter. At least that's the way it was when I was growing up. I'm glad you had a good day.
Gimmeeeee . Please
I just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like you're going to get your hearts desire. It's coming your way.
@just4him woooooo!
@Courtlynn If I read that report right, you're going to get a lot more than we got with our little dusting. You'll need your shovel.
@tammys85 (8676)
YAY! Is this the first snowfall of the season for you?
No, but it is the first that will stay because of the really cold temps for the next week or so. We had some really nice snow in November, but it was too warm to stick around.
@tammys85 (8676)
@just4him Gotcha. I hope it sticks around for you, I know how much you love the snow. :) We got a little on Saturday; it kind of boosted the holiday mood in my house.
@tammys85 I'm sure it did. Well, I now have a full blown cold from this cold weather. I love winter, and snow, but the sudden plunge in temps was hard on me physically.
@nanette64 (13932)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yeah, planning ahead is a good thing @just4him . Imagine our surprise here in Texas yesterday when we got sleet.
You got sleet? Wow! I guess we're in for another unusual winter.
@nanette64 (13932)
• Fairfield, Texas
@just4him And a lot of cities just to my west got a lot of snow. Go figure. Yeah, I think we're gonna have a weird winter.
@nanette64 At least we're seeing snow early this year. I just hope it doesn't start and stop early. That would be a real bummer. And there better be snow for Christmas, if not, that just won't be right either, especially for Wisconsin. I feel like I'm whining. We had flurries this morning and that made me happy. Accumulation would have made me happier, but at least it snowed.