Jerusalem should be the UN territory

@vandana7 (57466)
That way the dispute would die out, and everybody would get to follow their faith in peace. Declaring it as Israel's capital will be read as provocation. As if North Korean problem is not enough. Surely, this President of the US is not making sense, is he?
I'm glad Jerusalem has been declared Israel's capital. It always should have been.
@vandana7 (57466)
Really? And what happens to Christians and Muslims who have some beliefs related to it.
@vandana7 Jerusalem was Israel's capital at the time of the Kings of Israel. I don't know what happened that it hasn't been for a long time. Now, it's been declared as it's rightful capital. Christians and Muslims shouldn't have any say in the matter.
• Derby, England
This has nothing to do with Trump. He has no business sticking his nose in here and it will certainly not help the peace negotiations In that area.
@vandana7 (57466)
This is autocratic. I am reminded of.."one foot is equal to my foot". Trump does not own that land to declare it. It even creates anger against jews, who had no say in this matter though they may desire that Jerusalem be theirs. They will now be clubbed together with this madman and collective anger will be directed at them.
• Derby, England
@vandana7 Yes that is exactly what will happen i fear.
@crossbones27 (15120)
• Redlands, California
Its a money grab, now the right wing can't fake it. Problem with Trump is he does not know how to be political. He is about the money. Sure we will put people down like a true politician, but he does not see why politicians say things like "why poor people are poor people, they do not want to work. That's why they are poor." That was truly political and has worked for decades as to why people hate the poor and only vote for the richest of politicians. Trump could care less about Isreal, about Palestine. Wants it for money for himself. To bad this will and probably will be the dumb ignorant thing that will blow him up, he knows nothing about anything other than being a brass conman.
@vandana7 (57466)
Actually, American schools should teach children the priorities. I came across basic economics in 8th grade. We were told back then that food, clothing, shelter are the primary necessities and all activities are first devoted to achieving those. In the US, people spend on things that could come later. But even out here, my househelp for example, thinks it will not look nice, if she does not attend a marriage. So she spends on traveling, when she is herself struggling with debts. People need to differentiate between essential expenses and avoidable expenses. I think Trump is making those statements to get Israel as US' ally.
• Redlands, California
@vandana7 Isreal has always been a strong ally to us. This is corrupt, telling you. Right wing power play to kick the poor folk out for good. This is what our country does now, sad to say. Sure there is some who follow blindly to their leaders who do not want that but will vote these wealthy people's way because they think they will help them uot with their policies and 99 percent of time was or is not the case. They do keep them around along enough to keep them elected though. When will people learn.
@topffer (30548)
• France
Jerusalem is an important city for Jews, Christians and Muslims; It should never be a political capital. Again, Trump alone against the rest of the planet. I told yesterday to one of his supporters that soon America will be as isolated as North-Korea : he bashes his allies, is removing USA of any international convention (I would not be surprised if after leaving the UNESCO he was leaving the UN), and never listens to anybody. USA will have to do a hard work after him to improve its image, it looks like a rogue country today.
@vandana7 (57466)
Exactly. I am shocked at how he is continuing to behave like that. There is a lot of history to that place which can't just be brushed aside in favor of an ally. Even Jews would suffer because of Trump's remark. First and foremost, who is Trump to make that statement? He is not some judge allowed to take a call. Today, relationships between Christians and Jews are alright. Tomorrow they can sour. Historically, Jews and muslims were allies at one point of time. Today the situation is different. If there is dispute, there should be resolution to everybody's satisfaction.
@topffer (30548)
• France
@vandana7 He has been begged by the Pope for the Christians, like by the king of Morocco who is supposed to protect Jerusalem for the Muslims, to not do that. Today I read an article by a Jew author in a French newspaper telling that it puts Jerusalem at risk to be destroyed. He is only happy when he divides people. Instead of laughing on him, the international community should consider him like a danger for the world and tell it loudly. There is a good thing recently : since he was caught red handed last week by a tweet that can lead to an accusation of obstruction to justice, he does not tweet anymore. At least since 3 or 4 days. If you look at his last tweets, he is obviously not their author.
Trump is a shame in every way!
@vandana7 (57466)
May be it is time some impeachment procedure is started against him.
@vandana7 Maybe it is time that the American citizens woke up.
@BarBaraPrz (17529)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
You make too much sense Vanny. Why aren't you in charge of the world?
@vandana7 (57466)
You can't be serious!!! LOL
@shivamani10 (10619)
• Hyderabad, India
Do you think North Korea is a problem for U.S? No. They are making a dance while China is giving the music from behind.
@vandana7 (57466)
I think it is. It is a major problem. I am expecting a full fledged third world war from January 2018...mid January 2018 to be more precise. It may start before that too.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Vanny, everything is crazy. North Korea, Israel, signs of the beginning of the end. Is anything making sense anymore? I am plain freaked out by everything .