“Have you tried downhill motorbike riding?”

When I was still working in the local government agency in 2014, I had traveled to far-flung areas, literally said. I had worked as a Community Facilitator in the Tinglayan, Kalinga, Philippines. The main aim is to help the local tribes to implement their community projects. In this area, it is expected that I should live a modest lifestyle. One thing for sure that I can’t dismiss in my mind is to travel with a biker in his motorbike to the mountains. The travel was fun and enjoyed seeing the beautiful scenery along the narrow roads. The most dangerous thing that I had experienced is to ride a motorbike downhill to the base of the mountain. ‘Why I said it dangerous?’ The local bikers usually turn off the motor’s engine and drive downhill like riding a roller coaster. It sounds fun but I think it is not desirable to travel without any safety measures. ‘What if I got injured with this kind of undesirable practice?’ After almost one year, I filed my resignation and tried to stay away from this kind of job. I wanted to stay alive and enjoy living without endangering my life. Did you ever experience traveling like this? Are you willing to work in the community with danger at stake? Image Credit: 3.bp.blogspot.com
Yes, I have tried many times when I was a kid in our hometown.
on a bicycle or a motorcycle?
@eliza_godinez12 ah, you're adventurous, then.
Years ago truck drivers used to save petrol by coasting down hills. They referred to it as 'angel gear'.
That's nice. It is a new information for me. It seems that they are so good at doing this. I like the tagged name 'angel gear.'
@Shavkat It was dangerous practice and likely to end with you being among the angels.
@JudyEv I hope they have safety measurement in doing such job. Thanks for being an angel, my friend.
@Dyvette16 (1467)
• San Antonio, Texas
I have not tried but I feel like I would be scared to lol
It was a scary experience in some way. The tribes are quite different and they have their own tribal laws that cannot be controlled by the local government. It is still a risky kind of job.
@Dyvette16 (1467)
• San Antonio, Texas
@Shavkat yes very risky , glad you are okay now !
@Dyvette16 I am fine, my friend. I am working at home. There is no need to take the risk of such kind of job.
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
That may save gas, but it costs danger to life because in neutral vehicle have no grip and control while braking.
You got it right, my friend. The riders wanted to save the gas. But then, it was really too risky.
@shshiju (10567)
• Cochin, India
@Shavkat I am daily use biking do you ride a motor bike daily.
@shshiju I don't have the time to do it.
@ridingbet (59684)
i havebn't tried riding on a motor bike driving downhill. i guess i am just into the plain and straight road ahead
I bet you might get nervous if you do, kabsat. At first, I was so apprehended doing it. But I need to carry out my job responsibilities at that time.
@ridingbet (59684)
@Shavkat 'ay, wen ah' (oh, yes of course). i am not scared, but i think of accidents because the brakes are to be on hold, right?
@ridingbet Yes. I am not sure about the balance between me and the driver. lol
I have never done that. By the way you are explaining it and seeing in the picture I would rather watch others. I would probably fall off and never be seen again. I will pass on that. I cannot even ride a bike anymore without feeling I will fall off of it. The scenery is nice though.
The picture you are looking at is the real thing. It is really dangerous to ride a motorbike.
@Shavkat I will pass on it Shavkat then.
@Ithink (10500)
I have never done this, then again I am a stay at home mom. Glad you are safe now.
It was a nice work experience. But I can't deal with the nature of the job. It was a big challenge for me and I always thought that I can be flexible whatever the risk may come. However, it is a good decision to consider loving myself first than anything else.
@Ithink (10500)
@Shavkat I totally agree.
@Ithink Some of my former colleagues are there and continued to hep the local people. They do think it is a noble act but safety first I should say.
@kepweng (18746)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
are you Not afraid in 1 way road?
I did feel scared at first. Then, I finally decided to stop working in this area and to enjoy life more than taking the risk.
@prashu228 (25503)
No .. never had such experience. I don't like to take any such dangerous jobs
That's the reason why I resigned in this local government agency. They didn't even include the hazard pay scheme. It is not worth to put myself in danger.