What are some of your favorite holiday traditions?

Right now I am pregnant with my first and I have been thinking a lot lately what would be some traditions that my new family would take on... Both sides of our family have different beliefs and views and tend to do things a little bit different. As for us, we have our own beliefs but really just go with the flow and enjoy the time offered with family. I guess, I am just curious as to what some other traditions everyone else has taken on with their families for the holidays?
Congratulations..when is your baby due?
Thank you! January 27th ??, so not a Christmas baby, but I am almost there!
@Levianak oh nice. Your baby will be here soon. Do you know if you are having a boy or a girl?
So wonderful that you will be having your first child. For Christmas, we always open gifts on Christmas morning, never on Christmas Eve. We always have egg nog, but I do not like it. We go to the candlelight service on Christmas Eve. We hand stockings for Santa to fill. I always make divinity candy for Christmas.
I have never heard of divinity candy, so I looked it up and it sounds REALLY good, especially for the holidays!
@Levianak It does make for a nice gift too.
@Bluedoll (16814)
I guess the main thing is getting together as a family and celabratin' that
Do you normally do anything on the days leading up to Christmas? I know when I was younger, we would do the '25 days of Christmas' story with chocolates ??
@mohit459 (2836)
• Haldwani, India
Wonderful to hear that you ar pregnant, a new life is about to come!.
I guess since it is Friday afternoon in Jerusalem I will go with this day. At 4 pm today our time all will go off and all set up for our Sabbath. Once the candles are lit starts our Sabbath and it will be over tomorrow night. I sit on our porch with my cat if the weather is nice and read a book. We do not cook so put our food on a thing called a plata or maybe you could call it a hot plate. It is plugged into the wall and our food is heated up on it.
@Jotomy (6111)
welcome to mylot. Congratulations. You give equal preference to both sides traditions and be happy.
@SAM774 (2225)
Congratulation... Well any holiday my tradition is to sleep... Lol does that make sense