Do you ever feel when someone invites you over and says do not bring anything you have to bring something?

I do not feel comfortable going to someone and not bringing anything. They are feeding and I cannot come empty handed. I am going to a friend next week for Hannuka and since we could not meet for our birthdays I could not give her her presents. I am bringing jelly donuts for them but feel I had to do something else.I pulled a free picture out of google for Hannuka and put it on a placemat and put Happy Hannuka on it for them. It is not my creation, but, it is something. I tried to do my own but just did not work out. So, how many of you feel you have to bring something to someone you visit?
• Eugene, Oregon
I always feel that I must bring something, yes.
That is what I feel James. What do you do if you do not know what to bring them?
• New Delhi, India
I never visit anyone empty handed
Dr kokil, even if they say do not bring anything? I do not feel good visiting empty handed.
• New Delhi, India
@Hannihar yes...I agree
@HazySue (21364)
I always try to bring something even if it is a dessert or snack type item.
That is nice of you Susan.
@sw8sincere (4532)
I feel guilty if i do not bring something to share. So yes, I bring something to whoever invites me over to eat.
Honey, I understand.
Whenever someone invited me and not to obliged bringing some food, but still I bring some food. It is in our family's culture to bring something if visiting another house.
Shavkat, I do not feel good if I do not bring something. Afterall they are inviting me and sharing their food with me.
@Hannihar I will also feel the same way. It was a strict advice of my late father to bring something when being or staying in another house.
@Shavkat Shavkat, your father was a wise man.
@Dyvette16 (1473)
• San Antonio, Texas
I still take something , even if it’s as little as some drinks or chips
It is the thought that counts and I am sure Desiree they appreciate whatever you bring.
@Dyvette16 (1473)
• San Antonio, Texas
@Hannihar yes I agree !
@Dyvette16 Thank you Desiree.
@aureliah (16195)
When someone tells me not to bring anything, I cannot go there without anything. That means they expect something according to me.
The Fly One, I do not agree with that. There are those that do not want anything but I cannot go to someone's house without bringing something.
@aureliah (16195)
@Hannihar people are different I agree
@aureliah They certainly are The Fly One.
But it is still your creation. You made it with your heart! To me a gift from the heart is much more valuable than a gift that was purchased in a rush. I would much rather receive the gift you created, it shows that it truly comes from a loving heart. Yes, I still take things even though I am told not to.
I have a machine to do laminating and a program to design something to put on the placemat. I really do not feel good about not doing my own design but I do not have a lot of paper left to use. The paper I bought will not go in my printer so will go back and tell him and bring a piece to show him what I need. Thank you Toni. I feel very good if it is my creation and not a picture got from somewhere else. I had to do something and was sad that the paper I bought does not work and do not have much left. Thank you so much Toni.
@Hannihar Just give it from your heart. That's what really matters. When you give it to the people tell them it is from your heart!
@BearArtistLady Toni, that is very beautiful what you wrote here and thanks.
Bad and I will never come over again
Ok Hilda.
• Peoria, Arizona
Seeing as I have not been invited to anything as an adult, I have never had to bring anything haha but now, I might, I don't know. I still don't get invited into anything.
Felicia, only do what you feel comfortable doing.
I don't feel that way at all. I don't eat most often so I am not sure that is due of me.
That is ok Shay.
@dpk262006 (56170)
We are also like you, we also believe that we should take something with us to the house of host, be it fruits or a gift.
Thanks dpk.
I like to take something too. It doesn't really matter what it is but it's nice to take something.