How many of you go to the grocery store and someone is handing out free samples?

I used to see it at stores but they have not done that in a long time now. Do any of you still get free samples at grocery stores or in malls that you go to?
@Morleyhunt (20692)
It depends on the store. Some stores are know. For their samples. I tend to shop at discount grocery stores. Samples are not given out too often.
That is too bad Morley. If one is hungry they can have a snack till they can eat.
@Morleyhunt (20692)
@Hannihar ah, but that snack is to tempt us to fill our carts with things we wouldn't normally purchase. I try not to go shopping when I am hungry.
@Morleyhunt Morley, thanks and I know that. I know that is why they do that. I guess I am glad where I go shopping I mostly get what I need.
I still see it sometimes on Saturdays, but not everyday.
Rhonda, that is nice that you still see them doing that.
I had seen some promos and distributed to people on the street.
That is nice did you get any Shavkat?
@Hannihar I did some. However, discounted food promos of what all I got.lol There are no other freebies.lol
@Shavkat Shavkat, We used to have here people walking around and asking us to try things but I have not seen that in a very long time now.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
On weekends by us they give quite a few free samples on baked goods or new products they are promoting.
Have you taken any Catherine and bought the things afterwards?
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Hannihar yes, when it is shampoo or lotion, I am careful when it comes to food samples.
@bluesa Catherine, I did not know they gave samples of shampoo and lotion.
• Midland, Michigan
The store I work in does that every weekend between something like 11-4. I've not gotten any since going full time. Where do you live that you've seen this too?
I live in Jerusalem.
• Midland, Michigan
@Hannihar Hmm, I didn't realize stores internationally began this practice too. It probably helps with sales.
@MarshaMusselman It was quite some time ago. I used to get in the mail something from the store I go to for coupons. I think now they are doing discounts online and I have not checked.
@PainsOnSlate (20508)
Haven't see the freebies here in Canada but in the states while visiting my sister I see them everywhere - in all the grocery stores.
Is it nice and cold where you live in PaintsOnSlate?
@Hannihar It is quite cold right now, its will snow tomorrow ( weather warning this morning) It stays cold until around April\May.
@PainsOnSlate It is getting cold here to in Jerusalem. January, February, March are very cold months for us.
@averygirl72 (16617)
Not in the store close to us. I remember one mall offering free almonds. I love getting free almonds
Aubrey, I also like almonds.
@aureliah (18373)
• Kenya
It rarely happens nowadays. manufacturers just have stuff on shelves for customers to just buy
You are very right The Fly One.
They are usually there on the weekends. I used to enjoy the free samples, but with the diet I'm on, I don't take the free samples anymore.
I understand Valerie.
In the larger supermarkets, you will be offered samples of whatever a company is promoting at the time. It is usually food and drinks samples.
That is nice Kandase.
@rina110383 (24070)
I see some of the staff of the supermarket giving away samples. Sometimes, I do.
Do you eat any of them rina?
Every once in a while I see it when they are promoting new products.
I can't remember the last time we were given free samples but it was a long time ago.
@HazySue (22973)
I have noticed them handing out food samples at the Publix grocery store near us.