#7 Odd Fact For Today

Did you know that Americans, every year, throw away enough office and writing paper to build a wall 12 feet high, stretching from New York City to Los Angeles? Did you know that the average office employee throws away about 180 pounds of high-grade recyclable paper every year? Did you know that about 3 million tons of recycled paper is collected from office buildings and industrial plants for recycling? My daughter-in-law works at home for a title insurance company. Every couple weeks she takes boxes of used paper to the main office where it is dumped in a huge bin for recycling. When cleaning out my office over the last year, I have added a lot of paperwork to her boxes. I was happy to have a secure place to dispose of it, and know that it would be recycled.
Good thing that we recycle almost everything these days.
Our waste paper goes in our recycling bin. We don't have as much as some people but it is really hard to cut down on waste paper.
At least paper that is not recycled will break down and not be harmful.
No, I did not know that so much paper was wasted.