Endangered Species-1--Northern Rockhopper Penguin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_rockhopper_penguin#/media/File:Eudyptes_moseleyi_-Zoologischer_Garten_Berlin,_Germany-8a.jpg
I thought I would start a list of endangered species, and see how far it will go. Endangered species hurt my soul. I know that sounds stupid, but I just can't understand why greed and hunting for pleasure are more important than destroying a species. Wikipedia says these penguins have declined 90% since the 1950's, and every year they decline 3%. One major problem is that commercial fishing is leaving them without the fish they need to live. Here is a site to help if you're interested: https://penguin.birdlife.org/us/ The picture is free to use from wikipedia commons. https://youtu.be/FwPdmK2EYEk
Penguins are among the world’s most charming and recognisable birds but from south pole to equator a web of threats is seeing them slide ever-closer towards extinction.
Penguins are funny-looking creatures aren't they? Each year more and more species become endangered.
They are funny looking, but so lovable and cute at the same time.
They should not hunt this bird anymore.
This isn't a bird that's hunted, but the food it eats is over fished, and so there's not enough fish for it to continue to thrive.
The global warming is putting in danger many animals, also the Polar bears.
It should be top on our list to help, but children first.
@misunderstood_zombie Of course children come first and there are so many who die every day in under developed countries. Many are also killed by bombs, because there is war in some areas.
@FayeHazel (17093)
I hope the intervention works and the species of these cool penguins works
I hope so too. I wish there was a way to raise more money to help them.
Man is responsible for the decline of a lot of wild life and no one seems to care.
I know and I'm not sure how to change it, or how anyone can change it.
@Madshadi (8939)
• Brussels, Belgium
People care about money and if wildlife stands in the way they would just destroy it.
That's true, I wish humans could rise above greed. There's so many more important things than money and power.
@Madshadi (8939)
• Brussels, Belgium
@misunderstood_zombie maybe it’s in our instinct. Some people do rise above it but many don’t. It is sad. Although the most intelligent of all species, humans act like viruses.
@Madshadi I would like to think the the more are good, but the few that are bad cause all the problems.
@aureliah (14842)
It is really sad that an animal you love would be extinct in the years to come.
Hopefully, they will be saved.
@aureliah (14842)
It's sad they are becoming extinct because their food is being taken from them.
That is one of the reasons, but these commercial fishing boats don't care how much they hurt the ocean, it's just profit and greed.
@misunderstood_zombie It's such a shame.
@dodoazo (17733)
That is the human abuses the abundance of nature. Thus it affects those creations that depend on nature for their existence like these endangered species of Penguin. Nobody could control it. It would be gone soon.
There are already so many extinct creatures that I hope we don't lose any more.
@topffer (33792)
• France
They eat mainly squids and octopus that are now fished. It is another victim of global warming.
Krill is a big staple for them.
@yanzalong (10151)
I agree with you.
I love penguins. I can watch them all day at the zoo. Wish I could afford to help.