Helpful Hints: Holiday Stress Relief

By DB
Are you suffering from the holiday rush? Checking your list and checking it twice. Trying to accomplish too many things at once. Running low on cash after all that gift buying. Christmas parties to go to. Friends and relatives to entertain. Cooking, cleaning, and last minute preparations making you a bit moody. Well, help is on the way! Try following these stress relievers people use to cope with the pressure. According to the American Psychological Association survey, some of the most popular stress relief activities that people engage in include: Listening to music Prayer Reading Exercising, yoga or meditation Eating or drinking alcohol What’s your favorite stress reliever during the holidays? Source- Forever 39 Podcast nj1015. Photo- google images/yogaswings.com
It used to be a lot of exercise, but can't anymore.
I am becoming limited myself. I have turned to gentle beginner yoga which really helps me to keep moving.
I slow down. I do all my movements in slow-motion. Works for me since I move at warp speed the majority of the time.
Taking a time out or a deep breath between tasks is always a great idea. Just taking things down a notch as you suggest is helpful.
Very wise advice a lot of music and prayers here.
You cannot go wrong with either of those choices...
@YrNemo (8996)
I sleep, then I get a cold ... The sore throat and headache distracted me from stress greatly (I had planned to watch some Nikita episodes!).
Nothing like a good distraction or in your case Darcy a bad one to help relieve the stress.
@YrNemo (8996)
@dgobucks226 It is very distracting , in a sense that I have been searching for my packet of Fisherman's Friend lozengers unsuccessfully for the last three days (gosh, I bought lots, but can't find a single packet right now!).
@YrNemo That happens to me all the time. I put something away and when I need it I forget where I decided to put it...I need a better system
I just need to have enough sleep and do mylotting.
Sleep is so important, and mylotting can't hurt either, lol.
@dgobucks226 It shows that my life is balance.lol
@Shavkat Good one!
We don't celebrate, so there's really no stress. But I usually listen to music.
Music is such a great de-stressor. This quote sums up music's effect on clearing stress.... photo-pinterest
@dgobucks226 - That's a great quote.
@teamfreak16 Thanks, glad you enjoyed it my friend!
I have no more stress now, because I take it easy, I buy no gifts and I plan my meals in advance not to stress at the last minute. I listen to music and read to relax.
I find planning things out is a great way to relieve stress later on. Being prepared so nothing unexpected happens is a very good key to a less stressful holiday season.
@dgobucks226 Something unexpected happened, I do not feel well.
nope.Those days are gone.Been there done that.Now I can relax
Who says there's no benefit to age and experience? Not I
@FayeHazel (12322)
Thanks for that. I needed to remember it - because otherwise I turn to eating :/
Yes, a nice helpful list for sure... Now if I can just follow the suggestions
Listening to music, watching Christmas movies, walking, and reading are definitely my top go to stress relievers when I have to think of all the to dos for the holidays.
I really enjoy getting wrapped up in a good Christmas movie. It is a great way to take a time out and clear one's mind. Very excellent list Lady!!!
Christmas music but I am done after I wrap two gifts.
Christmas music is always so pleasant a distraction from the daily routine. Totally agree!