Christmas Party Wipeout

Photo courtesy of morguefile.com
Laguna Woods, California
Because Christmas is next weekend, this past weekend it seemed as if everyone tried to cram in one last holiday event. My husband and I had two major parties to attend, one which involved staying overnight, and now we are exhausted! On Monday night, I will be going to lunch with friends during the day, and then attending my annual book club Christmas party that evening. On Tuesday, I will be attending a Water Polo event with one of my granddaughters. On Thursday, I will be going to lunch with a friend and attending a holiday party for a candidate I am supporting to replace our current U.S. Representative. Then, of course, next weekend we will be celebrating Christmas with one of our daughters and two of our grandkids. We have several events we will be attending over the weekend. I am enjoying seeing all our family and friends, but I am getting a little exhausted. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and any other holidays you are celebrating. Hope you all stay well, don't get too exhausted and have a wonderful holiday season!
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Happy Yule to you from quiet me. Enjoy all the hubbub.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the quiet. I could use a little more of that myself! LOL
@sallypup (27975)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DeborahDiane As long as the roads continue to be abnormally nice, I am a happy camper.
• Laguna Woods, California
@sallypup - Then I will pray the road remain open for you!
Merry Christmas to you DD, it is an exhausting time of the year. We have a lot going on this week as well as getting ready for the big event on Christmas Day.
• Laguna Woods, California
Oh, yes! It is hard to remember that we also have Christmas Day coming up, with all the cooking and gift wrapping for that! I'm exhausted just thinking about it! LOL
@DeborahDiane me too lol
The social life can really heat up around this time can't it?
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes! I have to admit that I love seeing everyone, especially people we only see occasionally. However, I'm getting too old to keep up this pace!
@DeborahDiane I know what you're saying. With our boys so far away a quiet Christmas sounds good to me.
• Laguna Woods, California
@JudyEv - Enjoy your Christmas! Most of our parties are over now, so I am starting to feel more relaxed!
Merry Christmas is that the real Santa? lol
• Laguna Woods, California
Of course! LOL
I wish you Happy Holidays, we are having a very quiet Christmas this year.
• Laguna Woods, California
Happy Holidays to you and your husband. I hope your mother is doing OK. I know that is an added stress for you this holiday season.
@DeborahDiane Mom is not well, we went last Sunday, it was freezing cold outside and too hot inside the hospital. I fear I got something, I do not feel well today. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
• Laguna Woods, California
@LadyDuck - Oh, no! I'm sorry you are not feeling well now. It is easy to pick up a virus when you are in the hospital. I'm sorry your mom is not doing well.
You are a busy elf! Hope you have a great Christmas also! I am looking forward to giving my kitten gifts which will all be wrapped, and he loves to play with paper! Have a feeling we will be opening gifts at 2 am when he likes to awaken me with kisses!
• Laguna Woods, California
Awww! That sounds so sweet. Enjoy your kitten and have fun. I'll be thinking of you!
@DeborahDiane thank you! I should have a great time with my kitten as he is a wild and crazy cat! He loves to have fun! That means getting a new toy to him!
• Laguna Woods, California
@Marty1 - Have fun with your kitten!
Merry Christmas to you, too! And I have my hubby's birthday tomorrow to top it all off!
• Laguna Woods, California
Oh, my! A birthday to celebrate, as well. My husband's birthday is in early January but, by then, everything else will have slowed down!
@DeborahDiane We've been celebrating since last night!!! We do birthdays big in our family. Future felicitations to your hubs!
• Laguna Woods, California
@DianneN - Thank you! Keep celebrating. I think we all enjoy our winter holidays to the fullest!
@Shiva49 (13767)
These happy activities go with the turf - the partying and meeting loved ones. We are enjoying the spirit of the season going around seeing the lightings and shows - siva
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes, it is all part of the spirit of the season. I have to admit I enjoy it, but I'm getting too old to do so much!
@Shiva49 (13767)
@DeborahDiane Yeah, but till our last breath we have to be part of the game of life! siva
@shivamani10 (11200)
• Hyderabad, India
@DeborahDiane Oh..No..Old? You are looking quite active and beautiful.God bless
Had two Christmas parties to attend to last Saturday night. Ended up attending only one. Later, it will be our company Christmas party and after that, we will have a get together with the managers and supervisors.
• Laguna Woods, California
It sounds like you will be very busy this holiday season, too. It can be exhausting!
@DeborahDiane true. Exhausting but lots of fun!
• Laguna Woods, California
@allen0187 - Yes, exhausting but fun!
Exhausting but fun at the same time.
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes, exhausting, but fun!
That does seem like a tiring schedule, I hope you enjoy it. We are travelling back to England from Spain tomorrow, then it will be full-on getting ready for Christmas.
• Laguna Woods, California
I'm sure you enjoyed your time in Spain and the opportunity to relax before the busy holiday season!
You've got a packed week of holiday fun.
• Laguna Woods, California
Yes, it is packed. I enjoy seeing everyone, but I'm getting too old to keep up this pace!
We started celebrating this past weekend also. It begins a long list of going places and having people in, but its Christmas. I know it can be overwhelming and we have to pace ourselves. Merry Christmas to you and your family.
• Laguna Woods, California
Merry Christmas to you and your family, too. It is fun, but it can be overwhelming. You are right about pacing ourselves!
@shivamani10 (11200)
• Hyderabad, India
Happy Christmas to you and to your family. Deborah.
• Laguna Woods, California
Thank you! Hope your holidays are pleasant, as well.
@crossbones27 (20780)
• Redlands, California
Yeah, why I hate this time of year, people go crazy. lol Glad you guys had fun though, get some rest.
• Laguna Woods, California
I can understand why some people hate this time of year. People do go crazy!
@Daelii (5808)
How do you keep up with all that?? Merry Christmas!
• Laguna Woods, California
I admit I am not keeping up with it very well. I try to take naps every chance I can.
@rina110383 (24072)
Blessed Christmas to you and your family Deborah! Will be leaving tomorrow to spend holidays with my parents.
• Laguna Woods, California
Enjoy the time with your family. I hope your travel goes smoothly!
• Eugene, Oregon
Sounds great but too busy for me. I hope you have fun at all these events.
• Laguna Woods, California
We've been having fun, but we are exhausted. Yesterday afternoon, my husband and I both took long naps. We still have several more parties to go, including my book club party tonight, but things are a little more spread out the next few days!
@sjvg1976 (18378)
Merry Christmas...it seems to be a very busy week for you.