Question of the Day- What Type Of Butter Do You Use?

By DB
When your making your corn and the cob, grilling some steaks, or baking those Christmas cookies which kind of butter do you use? Are you health conscious and go with unsalted, or are you throwing caution to the wind and buying the salted butter? Is the high sodium intake of salted butter worth it to add flavor to a recipe? Contrary to popular belief, according to delish.com, food that is properly seasoned won't taste salty; it will add more vibrancy to your food by bringing out the subtle flavors. By using salted butter in your cooking, you'll be one step closer to properly seasoning your dinner. So, what side of the butter knife are you on? Source- delish.com Photo- health.com
I've tried several brands of butter and it has no taste to me. So I buy the margarine instead.
Interesting? From my experience, butter does add flavor to foods. I know I like it on my corn and the cob, lol.
@Bluedoll (16790)
I've discovered today why I can't get along with some people here. They are margarine eaters. Booo margarine.
We have one brand of margarine that we use for most things. We like the taste of it.
Taste is important and also how it spreads on your items
@dgobucks226 We stopped buying butter because it wouldn't spread.
@JudyEv Butter sticks are hard to spread. I only use it for pan cooking.
We just use whatever margarine is on sale.
I try to do the same. I will usually buy I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. It's ok and my grocery store has sales on that type.
@dgobucks226 - That's good stuff. We get it once in awhile.
@teamfreak16 Yes it not bad
We have margarine here that I use for most things.
I use margarine for most of my food too. Occasionally, I will use butter for better flavoring, usually when I am cooking things like eggs and need to use a pan.
@dgobucks226 I just use margarine. I like it.
@bluesa (13324)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Depends on what I am baking, because certain recipes need unsalted butter. But for toast and boiled potatoes I use salted butter or sometimes a margarine.
I try to use margarine for items like toast, muffins and potatoes. I use butter when making eggs, more flavor and no sticking to the pan.
we use that country crock stuff.i don't think it's truly butter per se,but it's good enough.
I've tried that one myself. I usually buy ones I've used before that are on sale and have a good taste.
@jujunme (2356)
We're margarine fans for just about anything that calls for butter and our favorite is Blue Bonnet
I am a fan of blue bonnet too. It has a nice flavor.
@rina110383 (24250)
I like both, salted butter and margarine for my bread.
Me too!
I buy both and I use according to the recipe, not always salted butter is what I need to use.
Imperial is the preferred one, especially for cooking with.