How Well Do You Remember Your Dreams ??

@Luap1050 (717)
I consider this a timely post as last night I had a dream ,was able to wake up ,go back to sleep and continue it. I love it when I can do that but it doesn't happen often enough!! I know I dream every night - can't remember the last time I had a nightmare . I usually wake up and remember parts of the dream for a few seconds or maybe minutes then POOF!...gone? What about you guys?...can you continue a dream ?..isn't it great when you can ? Any of you have vivid recall of your dream the next day?
@Scrapper88 (1332)
I can remember a few of my dreams, but not very many of them.
• Walnut Creek, California
It's interesting (for me) to look for patterns.
I have some really nice dreams but don't often remember them. Sometimes I try to stay asleep so I can continue a dream.
@Luap1050 (717)
yes!,..that have awake asleep state where you can drift back off and continue is nice indeed Judy
• Walnut Creek, California
Sometimes they stop just when they start getting...um...really good.
@TheHorse Haha! What a shame! Rot your socks wouldn't it?
@clucky (19)
I don’t remember my dreams and can’t remember having any for thre past few years. My sleep is never a full night and often interrupted, im Sure the two are related.
@Luap1050 (717)
I get my sleep interrupted by my dreams...and i like it!
@clucky (19)
@Luap1050 I wish my sleep was interrupted by my dreams, it is usually one of my 4 kids waking me.
@Luap1050 (717)
@clucky reality sets in way too early Eh Erin ?...
@kepweng (18784)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i remember my Dreams when i put a coins below my pillow
@Luap1050 (717)
Huh, why do you think that works Miss Kristal?
does it work?
@kobesbuddy (55790)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I had dreams as a child, that I can remember vividly, even now. As an adult, most of my dreams are interesting, but then I forget them, almost immediately. Once in a while, I dream something that I want to remember, so write it down in a journal.
@Luap1050 (717)
I heard writing dreams down right away is the ticket to remembering
@kobesbuddy (55790)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Luap1050 Yes, that's the only way I can recall my dreams, at this time. As a child, those dreams seemed so real and they were easy to remember.
@rubyriaz007 (4292)
I never remember the dream I see ,when I sleep. Some may be very strange,but it is often vague. I can never recall the dreams I see the next day.
@Luap1050 (717)
My dreams are mixed up too...people and places mixed from different time periods in my life.
Most of the time I can't remember my dreams well. Or I can remember it for a while after I woke up. Perhaps I have a deep sleep and therefore I can't remember it after waking up.
@Luap1050 (717)
I think what you experience is the most common
I could recall my dreams very vividly. I remember my dreams almost every single night and if I'm not mistaken I've a made a similar discussion to this one a long time ago. There was a time back when I was young where I could continue my dream but that rarely happened.
@Luap1050 (717)
wonder why sometimes we can remember and sometimes can't Toni ?
@Luap1050 I read somewhere that it takes only a few seconds for us from the moment we wake up to forget our dreams. That's why in that article I read, if we want to remember our dreams, we should have a pen on our bedside table so we could write down symbols or whatever that could remind us of our dreams the moment we wake up.
@Luap1050 (717)
@toniganzon I've heard the same...bizzarre how the mind works
I usually do not remember my dreams. Some I have. I have never gone back to bed and continued them. Was it a good dream you had that you needed to finish?
@Luap1050 (717)
Yes, a good dream in a warm climate with past friends.... very nice !
@Luap1050 That is nice that you remember your dream.
O I lose it one I step off the bed. I be so upset too. In the waking moments I might remember to be able to post about it.
@Luap1050 (717)
Maybe anyone in this circle of follows should do just that if they remember last nights dreams ...I'm thinking right now....I know I dreamt SOMETHING last night...maybe it will come to me and I will post later !
@id_peace (7633)
I have a lot of dreams everyday but i don't often remember most of the dreams unless they make a huge impression.
if its a nice dream i dont wanna woke up lol but if its so freaking bad cant wait to wake up
@redurnet (1588)
I used to have very clear dreams when I was younger but after the age of thirty I could barely remember them and they became more blurry. I rarely have a really good dream nowadays or if I do I can't recall it upon waking up.
@KrauseHome (35517)
Very seldom have I had that happen. I sometimes will remember if I wake up from a Dream like that think it was important, but if I fall asleep again I forget it. Swear one of these times, I need to write it down.
• Walnut Creek, California
I remember my dreams pretty well. I actually used to keep a dream journal.