oh, woe

I came online to tell you something, Dear Reader, but I have forgotten what it was. Was it that all the decorations are now up? I'm just waiting on some batteries to come from Amazon tomorrow so that I can light up my bowls. Then I can capture some images on the magic box which sees what I see. Maybe it was the fact that I have wrapped all the presents up? Normally I don't like wrapping presents, but this year I quite enjoyed it. This old age lark does make one see things differently. Could it have been the news that I was dancing in my living room room this morning, taking an occasional break from wrapping? East 17, Cliff Richard, Slade, Rick Astley, Boney M ... I jiggled and wiggled and sung quite loudly. There was no Stop the Cavalry though, which was a tad disappointing as that is one of my favourite Christmas tunes. Ah, well. Whatever it was, the moment has passed. We will never know what delights I was going to share with you. You will for ever be mystified. Or not.
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
To be fair I'm often mystified by your posts
@WorDazza (10091)
• Manchester, England
@Poppylicious You know I love your writing. Not sure about you though
@pgntwo (22450)
• Carthage, Tunisia
Mystification sounds intriguing...
Nope, just annoying.
@pgntwo (22450)
• Carthage, Tunisia
@Poppylicious Maybe it was the demystification I was thinking of. Have you noticed if they've solved that problem on the bus on a cold winter's eve?
@pgntwo Gosh no. Mornings are just as bad as well.
how woe is you.woe is me.We have a woe moment.
We can be woeful together!
@peachpurple (12770)
I missed boney m, my mom favorite
They remind me of my childhood and cassette tapes!
@peachpurple (12770)
@Poppylicious my mom even had the record player
@peachpurple Oh, we had a record player. Mumsy still has all our vinyl taking up space in her house!
@xFiacre (5139)
@poppylicious Why oh why do you need batteries to light up your bowels?
As I typed that I knew that somebody would read it as that and if I'd had to put a bet on whom, I would be the richest woman in the world right now. Besides, doesn't everybody want to see my bowels lit up?
@xFiacre (5139)
@Poppylicious I'm getting predictable as the season of great misery draws nigh. Don't get me wrong, it's not the incarnation I dislike - just Christmas. But wouldn't it be great if we could light up our bowels and save on Christmas decorations!! We could walk about the garden in the dark and scare the crap out of the neighbours.
@xFiacre But then the world would be full of more crap than it is now. I don't think we need that. I think we shan't visit Dragon's Den asking for money to light up our bowels. I'll just stick to bowls.
• Preston, England
I have had many such great inspirations lost in the ether that way
There's probably a little shop full of them, somewhere. Now we just have to find it so we can buy them back. That, or I've read too many fantasy tales.
• Preston, England
@Poppylicious it would be nice to think they are out there having adventures of their own somewhere
@DWDavis (14069)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Woe is we. You have been busy.
Hello, Mr Stranger!
@DWDavis (14069)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Poppylicious Hi there. When I read all you've been doing I had to take a nap; it made me so tired. LOL
Looking forward to being forever mystified. Sounds like a lovely state in which one can be.
It isn't. It's thoroughly frustrating!
• Uzbekistan
Nice one! :-)
@Traceyjayne (1154)
You were so busy ... no wonder you forgot what you wanted to say ! lol