And I thought it was cold before

@dodo19 (32682)
Beaconsfield, Quebec
It seems like over the next week or two, the weather will be getting a lot colder than it has been. The temperatures will be going as low as minus 30 C with the windchill. It might get a little warmer when school starts again. For the moment, that's what they're predicting. I am kind of glad that this cold weather is happening now, while the kids are home and don't have to go out for school or daycare. It looks like we might be hibernating until January 8, when school starts again. Especially if it is going to be so cold. I just feel bad for my husband, who will have to go back to work tonight or tomorrow.
Our weather turned almost that cold last night, and this morning its awfully cold outside. I'm glad that I am off of work today, going out will have to wait until much later on in the day.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It really is cold. It’s going to get a lot colder. I was just checking the weather and it’s going to be freezing.
Minus 30 Celsius is very cold, our temperature never went below minus 15 Celsius here. Stay warm and stay inside.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I wish it didn’t go below minus 15, but sadly it does. Now they’re saying it might go to minus 40 tomorrow night.
@dodo19 In the north of Switzerland the temperature went down to minus 40, we are the lucky ones here.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@LadyDuck That is definitely cold. You guys are lucky, if you don't get that kind of weather.
@peachpurple (12851)
Hibernating, the best time to stay at home but what about work?
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I don’t work at the moment. So I don’t have to worry about that. Unfortunately my husband isn’t so lucky.
@peachpurple (12851)
@dodo19 You are a housewife? Just like me?
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@peachpurple For the moment, yes I am. I was working, but that was a contract, which ended. So, now, I'm back to being a housewife, or stay-at-home mom.
@moffittjc (42215)
• Gainesville, Florida
Wow, if it's bad now, I can only imagine how much worse it will get when winter actually arrives! I'm sure you are not looking forward to January and February!
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
No I’m not really looking forward to January and February, but I’m hoping that it’s not so cold then. I’m hoping that the worse of it is hitting us now.
@moffittjc (42215)
• Gainesville, Florida
@dodo19 I totally understand that all that cold air and snow will take it's toll after a while, and you just wish it would all go away. I hope that this is the worst of what you will see all winter long.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@moffittjc I’m hoping it’s the worst part of this winter. I am so hoping it hits us now. I’d prefer if it hits us sooner rather than later.
Wow, that is really cold. I hope you stay warm inside. I hope it gets warmer for the kids when they go back to work. I hope your husband will be warm when he has to go to work.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It’s definitely cold. I can always hope it warms up, when my kids go back to school and daycare. I’ll make sure my husband bundles up when he goes to work.
@dodo19 Dominique, it is also getting cold here now so winter is really upon us. It does not get as cold as it does where you are but it gets cold. I have to go out today so have to bundle up.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Hannihar It is definitely time to bundle up. Hope you stay warm.
I hope your husband does not have to work outside in this brutal cold!
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Thankfully he doesn’t have to. It’s just more his commute that isn’t always pleasant.
@dodo19 slippery roads terrify me.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@shaggin They can be really terrifying. I don't blame you for being scared.
@thelme55 (14348)
Oh my! That is indeed freezing cold. We have 10 degrees Celsius here but very windy.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It’s really cold here. I wish it was 10 degrees.
@thelme55 (14348)
@dodo19 I hope your wish will come true.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@thelme55 I hope so too.
@YrNemo (11860)
The weather everywhere seems to be unusual lately. All the best for the new year.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It definitely does seem that way. I wish you all the best for the new year as well. Enjoy!
@YrNemo (11860)
@cintol (5484)
I can't believe how cold it has been here, my grandkids told us we brought the cold weather with us when we moved to Texas from Colorado. I asked them if they wanted me to go back and take it with me. Guess their response! NO grandma.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That's really sweet. It seems like they don't want you to go and like having you around.
@cintol (5484)
@dodo19 yes we are very close
You are wise to stay indoors where it's warm. Brrrrr to me!
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Honestly I really don’t feel like venturing out. I’m sure few people want to.
@dodo19 I don't blame you.
At least you and the kids can stay inside where it is warm until the 8th of January.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Very true. We can afford to stay in as much as we want.
It has been terribly cold through a lot of North America over the last few days and now the blizzard is hitting the eastern part of the United States, this may be a winter for the record books.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Let's hope it's not too cold for too much longer. I'm so hoping that it's almost over.
@Shiva49 (12653)
I cannot even imagine being in that kind of weather. Let me embrace the hot and humid weather that we have most of the year though now it is cooler at 79 F ! siva
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It’s definitely not easy or pleasant to deal with. Enjoy your weather.
@MissNikki (2690)
Oh wow!! That is cold. Just about -2 here at the moment in my part of BC, Canada.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Yes, you're pretty much on the other side of Canada from me. I wish it was only -2 here. That I can handle.
It's bone chilling cold here too and I'm ready for warmer weather. Wishing you a happy New Year
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Happy New Year to you as well. I'm ready for warmer weather as well. It can come any time now.
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
I'm glad kids will be home in that cold
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
So am I. I am hoping it’s not as cold when it’s time to go back to school and daycare.
@Angela150 (957)
• London, England
Seems like it is cold everywhere. It is cold in London too.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It definitely does seem like it’s cold in a lot of places.
It is an awfully cold day here also and will the that way for the rest of the week.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It shall be the same here. I won’t be going out much.
We've had a cold spell here too.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
At least it’s not just us.
We have really cold days ahead in our Chicago suburb too. Sure does make us appreciate spring and summer.
@dodo19 (32682)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It really does. I am definitely looking forward to spring and summer.