Favorite "Highway" Songs #10 - "Blue Highway"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Soon, my girlfriend and I are going to pack up our new (to us) van and hit the road in search of adventure. @JohnRoberts suggested a music series of highway songs in celebration, so I am going to countdown my favorite songs with "Highway" in the title. We'll start at #10: "Blue Highway" by Billy Idol. Billy Idol was a superstar in the 1980's, thanks to hit songs such as "Rebel Yell," "White Wedding," and "Eyes Without a Face." Billy has only released seven solo albums to date, but those seven records spawned a whopping 37 singles. "Blue Highway," however, was not one of those 37 singles. It is an album cut from his wildly successful 1983 record, Rebel Yell (how successful? Double platinum in the US, 5x platinum in Canada, and silver in the UK.) With his punk background (he was the vocalist for Generation X,) Billy Idol's songs rocked, but were extremely radio friendly. "Blue Highway" rocked in such a manner that it might have seemed as if he were aiming for the hair metal crowd (muscular guitar play courtesy of longtime guitarist Steve Stevens.) It's a shame this wasn't a single, because it's good enough to have been a hit. I've linked to a live performance from 2001. Stevens' guitar play is as front and center as Idol's vocals. Enjoy! (Info verified by Wikipedia)
Album : Rebel Yell. Released : November 10, 1983. Recorded : 1982-1983. Label : Chrysalis. Producer : Keith Forsey. Genre (s) : New Wave, Hard Rock, Post-Punk.
I bet you can't wait to hit the road. I'm sure you'll have so much fun. Look forward to hearing all about it.
We're going to stick close by Colorado Springs at first while we do the trial and error thing. But I will definitely be posting.
@teamfreak16 It took us a while to get into the swing of things. Vince's brother does 'proper' camping with a tent and all. Has done for years. He ended up getting a trailer custom-made to suit their needs. Not that you need it of course but they did miles and miles through the outback which made the expense worthwhile.
@JudyEv - Oh yes, we definitely plan on getting a tent for the summer.
Life is a Highway had better be in this countdown!!!!!!!!
I once had the Rebel Yell album.
It was such a good album. Packed with good songs.
Haven't listened to much by him. Like this song so will check out more. Hope you find plenty of adventure.
Steppenwolf - Born to be wild 1969 (Soundtrack of the road film 'Easy Rider') Get your motor runnin' Head out on the highway Lookin' for adventure And whatev...
Thanks for the encouragement! Billy Idol was a hit machine in the 80's. I hope you like him.
Awesome song big Billy Idol fan here.
Billy Idol is awesome. I always crank him up when I hear him.
@FourWalls (13784)
Oh, how that rocks!!! Looking forward to this countdown.
This one was kind of hard. There were a couple I found really hard to cut.
I love Billy Idol, but this is a new one for me. I hope you have a great adventure.
Thank you. I hope so too. We are certainly going to try to do as much cool stuff as possible.
@mumu2358 (76)
It was such a good album.
very nice