Laundry Mat Owners Should Be Ticketed For Scalping Their Customers...

Jacksonville, Florida
It has been a long time since I had to go to a laundry mat. The worst prices I ever encountered...I only spent about $9 to wash and dry, three loads of laundry. Now it costs me $25. This is crazy. This industry is really capitalizing on those who do not have a washer and dryer, at their disposal. Geez...
It is really outrageous.
Mini washer on amazon.com 96$ saves you tons of money.
Now, that's a great idea!
I am not allowed to have a portable washer and dryer of any kind.
@sallypup (28508)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's disgusting. They know they got you around a barrel.
They sure do....
$25 is way too much to charge for washing and drying clothes.
Totally agree!
I had to go to a laundromat this fall when we had to have a new well drilled. I took it home and hung it up to dry to save a couple of bucks. Well, always hang it up to dry to save pennies though we have a dryer.
No way of doing that where I am at...
@teresatrotter I just hang clothes on hangers on the shower curtain rod. I've always done it.
@paigea - where I live I can not do that. It is a boarding house. I am on the waiting list for a senior living facility.
They do have to pay for all the water, machine and facility maintenance, insurance, power, taxes, etc so I doubt their small business owner profit margin is not that great.
They have always had to pay that even we the prices were not that high. It is just like going to the movies. One person will spend $25 to $30 per visit. There is no way it needs to be that high. Businesses will charge excessive prices when they know people have no other places to go.
@Tina30219 (35640)
• Onaway, Michigan
Wow that is crazy. I am glad that we have our own washer. We line dry inside and outside we have a line to dry inside in the winter and a line to dry outside in the summer.
You could probably have it done for you here for that price.
@LPort2017 (692)
That makes me even more grateful for being able to wash and dry my clothes in the comfort of my own home. Good luck to you!