2017...here today, gone tomorrow

@1creekgirl (11500)
We all look back as the year is ending and I'm remembering all the stuff that happened this year. For me, the most memorable events were the months my husband couldn't walk without extreme pain, (so thankful God healed him), the shoulder surgery I had in October, and the deadly kidney infection I had last month. So I'm very, very thankful God had mercy on us and that we're both here to see 2018. When you remember 2017, what stands out, good or bad for you?
My heart attack and bypass surgery stand out to me. Also the birth of my grandson shortly after that. God has been good to me in 2017. Blessed to be here to ring in the new year. So glad the two of you are doing better as the new year approaches.
@1creekgirl (11500)
I thought about you, Laurel, and a few other myLotters. I'm so thankful you're healing.
@1creekgirl thank you.
There are two things that stand out. One was when we were homeless and hungry-but God got us through that and He protected us from a flood in our old home. The second was my husband and I truly finding God by seeking Him more than ever. We now have the peace in our hearts that we had searched for! =)
@1creekgirl (11500)
Those are pretty major blessings!
@1creekgirl Yes they absolutely are! =)
Growing another year older which is depressing.
@1creekgirl (11500)
It can be, but like they say, it beats the alternative! Hope 2018 will be great for you.
It was mostly good. We had a couple of health issues here and there. Happy New year to you and your family.
@1creekgirl (11500)
Thank you, Susan. Best wishes to you and Bernie also.
You have been very blessed with healing at your home. We were blessed with a wedding during 2017, our son married a beautiful, kind and sweet girl that we all love. I am healing from the surgery that I had a few weeks ago. We are looking forward to a healthy and happy new year, and I wish the very same for you and your family.
@1creekgirl (11500)
You've sure had an eventful year. Thankful you're here to enjoy your sweet, new daughter-in-law.
Nothing really stands out for me except that the summer was extremely hot and there was a greater threat of stronger hurricanes. I hope 2018 won't be as devastating as it has been for some - due to fires and natural disasters.
@1creekgirl (11500)
Yes, we will all pray for God's mercy and protection.
I suppose our trip overseas was the highlight for us and it took over a good part of the year really. The sad part was losing my brother almost as soon as we got home.
@1creekgirl (11500)
Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know about your brother. I'm glad you had that wonderful trip first.
@1creekgirl Thanks. He was 79 and had been blind for quite some years. He went quickly and peacefully which would have pleased him no end. He was dreading having to end his days in a nursing home so all in all we weren't as upset as might have been the case in other circumstances.
@1creekgirl (11500)
@JudyEv Quickly and peacefully is my wish also.
I'm glad that you and your husband both made it through your health problems. Nothing special happened for us this year.
@1creekgirl (11500)
As we age, "nothing special" means we didn't have any major health problems!
@1creekgirl So true
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
2017 was a good year for me. Not much happened. I’m just grateful
@1creekgirl (11500)
Sounds like you had much to thank God for.
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
@Srbageldog (8227)
I had a pretty rotten 2017. My surgeries and finding out that I can't have children are what stand out to me. Also getting diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Oh, and having to evacuate last February when Oroville Dam's main spillway crumbled and the emergency spillway nearly failed.
@1creekgirl (11500)
You have sure had a terrible year, but I pray God will greatly bless you this year.
@1creekgirl Thank you. I'm going to try my best to have a good year!
Yes thank God for his mercy and grace for us everyday Vicki, Amen. Happy New Year to you and your lovely family. This year has been the worst year of my life entirely. No more details necessary.
@1creekgirl (11500)
Oh, I'm so sorry, Tiara. I pray God will continue to have mercy and that this time next year, you'll be able to say it was a wonderful year. God bless you, dear one.
@1creekgirl I pray so too Vicki..thanks dear heart
It was a very difficult and stressful year. I'm looking forward to the new year and like you I am very grateful to God.
@1creekgirl (11500)
I hope your year will be blessed.
@1creekgirl thanks, I hope the same for year.
@aureliah (17990)
• Kenya
I'm glad to hear that all of you were healed. 2018 will be far much better. Wishing you the very best
@1creekgirl (11500)
I hope 2018 will be extra special for you!
@aureliah (17990)
• Kenya
@1creekgirl Thanks my friend
I am glad you are healthy now and the same here with me and my husband. I hope 2018 will be a good year.
@1creekgirl (11500)
Best wishes to you also!
@valmnz (12754)
• New Zealand
It was a very positive year for me with several surprise successes. Happy New Year.
@1creekgirl (11500)
I'm very glad for you.
@Platespinner (17047)
It's been a tough year, but we've come out on top. I'm looking forward to 2018! A blessed New Year to you and yours, Vicki!
@1creekgirl (11500)
Thanks, Joanne. I pray this will be a great year for your family, too.
Nothing stands out for us here in 2017. Much better than some other years.
@1creekgirl (11500)
There are always things to praise God for, aren't there?
@topffer (35586)
• France
Concerning health it has been the worst year I ever had. For the rest, I cannot tell it has been bad. My best wishes to you for 2018 !
@1creekgirl (11500)
I can understand the health issues and I pray 2018 will be a wonderful and healthy year for you.
I'm done with 2017 and I either won or I learned a lesson.