See You Next Year!

https://pixabay.com/en/new-year-2018-new-year-s-day-3052105/
When I was a kid, nothing delighted me more than to tell people, "I will see you next year," when it was the last time I saw them before January the first. Time moved so slow back then, a year felt like one hundred years. To be able to say, See You Next Year, felt extremely cool. I said it to my class mates and teachers when school was out, my local family members and friends, neighbors, people in my church and even my parents and brothers when I wasn't allowed to stay up late. I may have been the only person who loved it, and everyone around me was tired of hearing it, but I persevered. So now, I want to say I'll see you next year to every person on MyLot, and I hope the year ahead is full of love, happiness and great surprises for you.
Kool, see ya next year Happy New Year
I hope you're having a great New Year's Day.
I am @misunderstood_zombie how about you?
@rebelann Great so far, and I'm intending for it to stay that way.
Yup, talk to ya next year. Sweet dreams and sleep tight!
It's the next year, and we arrived here. I hope you're having a great New Years Day.
@misunderstood_zombie We take the day really quietly, put away the Christmas gifts and generally clean up and get ready to start the year fresh and clean. I have a nice supper in the oven, and it is starting to smell delicious. What are you up to today?
See you next year my friend, time doesn't move so slow any more.
No, it doesn't. It's a speeding train getting faster every year, but I'm glad we're on for the ride.
It's already "next year" in my country, it rains and it's cloudy. A perfect day to rest at home. How better start a new year?
Those days are better to stay inside and read or watch TV for sure.
@misunderstood_zombie Much better to stay at home, I always fear the drunkards who spent the night toasting.
@sw8sincere (5113)
see you next year is indeed very cool to say. why I never think of that phrase? hmmm =)
Apparently, people say it more than I thought, and there's always next year for you to use it.
Happy New Year to you.
Thank you.
It sounds fun. Let me greet you a Happy New Year and best wishes to your family.
Happy New Year to you also. I hope it's a great year for your country, family and you.
@misunderstood_zombie Indeed, it was a good one. I hope you, too.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
welcome back next year, hope you have great year to you there.
Thank you, it's good to be back in the New Year. I also hope you have a great year ahead.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
I am soooo far behind. Hope the new year is going good so far.
Well, you were out having a real life and that's even better, and that's even better.
See you around! If I say, 'See you next year', right now, it is going to mean, to see you in 2019!
Very true.
@FayeHazel (19837)
Ha ha, I like that line too :-)
I hadn't thought about it in years, and it just popped into my mind.
@mayka123 (10806)
Its already the new year here and hope to see you every single day of this year. Wish you a year full of love, pease and prosperity.
Thank you so much, I wish the same for also.
@Madshadi (8921)
• Brussels, Belgium
It’s still cool and very often used here. It’s 2018 already
I felt kind of foolish after writing this, because Coral told me she still does this and many people she know also comments this way. I thought it was just a foolish kid thing, but oh well, I already wrote the post and I didn't want to delete it.
Happy New Year! see ya then!
Happy New Year to you also, and yep we arrived.
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
This is already a New Year. I think you need some more sleep. We just now stepped into 2018. Your wishes can be for the next year.
@shivamani10 When I wrote this post, it was 9:48. We still had 2 hours and 12 minutes until midnight. So the wishes were for 2018.
@jobelbojel (8137)
It is already 2018 here. And I guess you are waiting for the new year's eve in your timezone.
Yes, when I wrote that we still had a couple of hours to go. I hope you have a great day.
It always confuses me for a minute when people say see you next year. You are right about how slow time used to move when we were young. I was about 13 when I started to notice how fast years move.