I am interested in opinions about whether handwriting should be taught in elementary school?

I have heard that there are many schools that no longer teach children cursive writing. I wonder if the parts of the brain that are used to learn the motions involved in cursive writing will not be developed well if this leave the school curriculum. Is this a concern that others share?
@excellence7 (3477)
• Mauritius
I never gave a thought to this but I think you are right. It should be one of the aspects that teachers must closely look.
I haven't heard that it's not done here anymore. Cursive writing is still part of the language curriculum here and children in 3rd grade are taught to do that.
It's beneficial and it helps with learning, retainment and mastery. I taught all my older children in homeschooling cursive writing by dictations, journaling, taking notes. I still homeschool 2 younger ones.
Welcome to myLot. Enjoy the site! The first step for all newbies is to read the Guidelines to learn what is allowed or not on the site. Then you can write a post introducing yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself. Furthermore, read around as much as you can, Like and Comment on other members' posts. Only then will members come to your site and do the same. This is called interaction. Don't expect too much money-wise. If you reach $5 a month (the payout limit), you can call yourself lucky. Please add the name of your country to your account page. --- I was a teacher but not for the little ones. I think that the coordination between brain and hand should be learnt at elementary school.
Have questions about myLot? Help is here!
@Icydoll (7613)
Yeah definitely it should be taught in elementary.always the base foundation should be strong .
i had to learn it,so do they.lazy kids.
@mohit459 (7231)
• Haldwani, India
I think everything can be save as a soft copy and hard copy of it can be obtain in few seconds so no need to learn it