Kroger experiences that were bad for me this week. Not good ones.

Dallas, Texas
1. The lady sitting on an electric Amigo powered shopping cart refused to get off so my wife could use it to do her shopping. She insisted to the security officer that the cart was broken, although the power light was showing it was fully charged. 2. Two teen-age girls were playing on another one of those Amigo powered shopping carts, and told my wife to get another one because they were having too much fun. Those two events took place a few days ago, but today it was just another headache. 3. I went to the back of the store to get a 50 cent soft drink from the vending machine today and a lady came up from behind me saying, "SIR, SIR !! THAT machine is only for store employees and besides, it is not working." I replied, "I have been getting drinks from this machine for the past 5 or more years with no complaints from the store managers nor the store's employees. Why all of a sudden am I being told to not bother with it? The price of a soft drink at the register, a cold one, costs 1.79 plus tax and I don't have enough money to buy one. I shop here all the time and have for years. Now I will not ever try to buy a coke from the back of the store but in fact I will go to Dollar Tree and get the same sized soft drink, cold, from their store for only 1 dollar plus tax as I can barely afford that price." The lady was just gave me a blank stare. She was just not being very nice. Then I added the following remark, Looking right at her, I said, "Well, am I going to get arrested for trying to buy a coke from your machine?" then I realized I was provoking her and felt like I should have just walked away and maintained my composure.
If it is for store employees only, why would it be in an area that customers can access?
@Ithink (10500)
Why was the lady just sitting on the shopping cart? Then the girls, they were just plain rude and disrespectful. Why do they have the pop thing where customers can get it if it isn't allowed? Sure hope your days get better.
• Dallas, Texas
All very reasonable things to ask. I guess that Kroger is on a downward spiral. Maybe it was always headed downward but so slowly I failed to notice. I can see it only getting worse in that area of the neighborhood. As it appears, not only the public seems to abuse the stores in the Wynnewood Village stores to include the constant shoplifting of the Dollar Tree store, right down that strip of the shopping center but the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if that store went completely under over the next few years.
@Ithink (10500)
@lookatdesktop I think shoplifting happens everywhere, we only have a few stores in this small place but I know that some still get caught trying. A lot of ours has gone under, we have one grocery store, a Dollar General, Rite Aid and 2 gas stations. Not a lot of choices... lol
• Dallas, Texas
@Ithink , Well, Dollar General stores are very popular in and around Dallas. As for Rite Aid, I am not that familiar. But I imagine both are better than the prices offered for food and staple items at the 2 gas stations. I never buy at a local gas station unless its to buy gas at the pump or a lottery ticket and I seldom buy a lottery ticket.
@db20747 (9423)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Grocery shopping can be hell sometimes.
• Dallas, Texas
Kroger, in particular has become one big headache and I am wondering just how much more of that store I can take. Honest. I like shopping but when they start to get petty about things I get a bit troubled.
@sallypup (28612)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Those stinky people need to get a life. Yesterday.
• Dallas, Texas
You got that right, my friend.
@KristenH (24971)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Sorry to hear about your bad Kroger experience. I've been there maybe once in my lifetime. Maybe the rules have changed over the years. How rude!
• Dallas, Texas
I have had it up to my neck with that place. I need a change of pace for the new year. I might just start shopping at ALDI and Tom Thumb from now on. Even though Walmart is very far from where we live, I might go there the next time I want just a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk and a pound of coffee. Going a bit farther, just to get proper service might be just what the doctor ordered.
@KristenH (24971)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@lookatdesktop I love Aldi's. I never heard of Tom Thumb. You can order food from Walmart and have it delivered to you. Maybe that's a good plan.
• Dallas, Texas
@KristenH , yes it is an excellent plan. People who get their food delivered have it best. I like getting food from Prime Pantry from Amazon, on occasion. It is fun to get a package full of goodies to eat. YUM.
You have every right to get that soft drink if it is not in an employee only place. I hope they do something with that store. All the Kroger's went away from my area and moved to Ohio in the 1980's or maybe earlier. I do remember going to it when I was very, very young. I don't remember what it was like just remember my parents saying we were going there?
• Dallas, Texas
Kroger was a place I once worked for. It also was ONCE a very good store to shop at but compared to other places I shop at, Kroger is on the very lowest end of customer satisfaction in my own humble opinion.
• Dallas, Texas
@lookatdesktop has this to share. The Kroger Shuffle. turn the volume down low because the music is much louder after he stops talking at the first. But a pretty good bit of shuffling.
Hello everyone! Haven't uploaded a video for a bit and my 5th month mark has passed. Song: Rock ~ Karpe-DM
@lookatdesktop It sounds like bad customer satisfaction from what you have said. I hope you choose another place to shop.
@fei1125 (611)
• Chengde, China
Make a list of what you require from someone to be happy.
• Dallas, Texas
I like to vent. Ha Ha.
• Pamplona, Spain
Sounds like it was not your day or two days then. Things like that can happen and we donĀ“t have electric carts here anyway as yet so have never had the chance to try one or see one.