Does change make the world go round?

If it does, please let me get off and stay forever right here. I have never liked change. My husband's not too crazy about it, but our daughter lives for changes. (Where did she get that?) She said when they retire, she would love to live on a cruise ship permanently and travel all over the world. The thought of that horrifies me! When she was young, I never knew how her bedroom furniture was going to be arranged when I came in from work. I like to take trips, but I like coming home better. Vacations are wonderful and I love eating in a new restaurant or even just riding along roads we haven't been on before. But I always want home to come home to. One of the reason I don't like change is partly because I grew up in the military and I hated always being the new kid in school. I wasn't outgoing and was rather shy, so I was pretty much invisible. I like to buy new things for the house, but I like to leave the furniture where it is, even it I'm replacing it with a new piece of furniture. Are you like my daughter and live for change, or are you like me and need familiarity and stability? Or are you somewhere in between? The photo is the view from our condo in Myrtle Beach for New Year's Eve.
I do not like change. I do love having a schedule that remains the same, and change in that schedule unsettles me.
I know how you feel. I like my schedules.
I'm not much a fan of change either, but experiencing new good things can be cool sometimes.
Yeah, I like new things, but nothing too drastic!
@1creekgirl Same here I always say if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Yes, I agree with that TR
I don't like change hardly at all. I like my routine and usually prefer it stays the same.
Me too, but change always happens.
@ilocosboy (33967)
I'm like you and will always be, no matter how far or high or beautiful the nature or place may be, I will always return home.
Like they say, there's no place like home.
@ilocosboy (33967)
I'm so amenable to this
As Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz, "There's No Place Like Home."
For me, I would embrace changes to be progressive or be updated into new things.
You sound like a lot of young people.
@1creekgirl I am into new things, my friend. Even if I don't have the new things as long as I know how they function.
I guess I'm a bit in the middle. When we were travelling in France I loved moving on each day but sometimes I just want to stay put.
You and Vince have had so many exciting travels.
@1creekgirl We have been very lucky so far with our travels.
@averygirl72 (15091)
I love change. I get bored when things are the same thing over and over again. I live for change. I always want to have a regular change in lifestyle a change in status, changes in routines
A lot of people do like change.
I'm a homebody and although it sounds adventurous to live on a cruise ship it wouldn't be for me. I like solid ground
I don't even want to go on a short cruise, much less live on one!
• Pamplona, Spain
I like a routine to be able to stick to and I work much better like that. Changes are inevitable sometimes and we cannot get away from them. I like being at home but also to go places as much as I can.
You sound a lot like me.
• Pamplona, Spain
@1creekgirl Without making a routine for myself I would not get things done properly so I keep to it all I can but of course I change things around a bit as well. Thanks.
I understand what you mean.
@dgobucks226 (7586)
I usually prefer a routine in my life. Too much change makes me stressed and out of sorts.
I know how you feel!
@tmosby (136)
For me, I would prefer changes in better and progressive way.
Not everyone likes change, but we're all different.
@tmosby (136)
@1creekgirl Yes, it's true. Different people have different views and desires. (Maybe the word 'desire' is not appropriate here.)
• Kathmandu, Nepal
Ohh nice picture captured!
Thanks! It was beautiful there.
• Kathmandu, Nepal
I can understand why you hate change. Im like you
I know change has to happen at times, but for you and me, the less often, the better.
@1creekgirl yes. Not everything needs changing either.
14h
i get very stuck in my routine. even for my birthday dinner, was going to try some place new. last minute, stuck with a place we've been many times.
14h
I'm a creature of habit also.
• Portland, Connecticut
19h
I am somewhere in between, I like change, we move between our two main homes every year and then spend more time at our lake house, To me home is where my family is and as long as I have them I am fine.
15h
That's a good way to look at it. You're right, I would choose being with our kids over being in a particular house.
@1creekgirl I know life would stagnate without change, but I mostly wish things would stay the same.
15h
I feel the same. I like a little excitement, but nothing life changing.
@Srbageldog (6454)
I hate change. It stresses me out and causes me extreme anxiety. My partner also does not like change. He moved around a lot when he was little too. (I grew up in one place but lived in an unstable environment.) I like familiarity and stability.
I can totally relate. Thanks for your comment.
@MsBooklover (2266)
I am not fond of change if I am happy with the way things are. I am happy where I live. The idea of moving does not please me. Growing and improving makes me happy.
Yeah, I want to be a better person every day.
@cttolledo (3004)
• Batangas, Philippines
I think, I like your style and a bit of style of your daughter.
My daughter and I are such opposites!
@UncleJoe (8983)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
14h
It apparently takes an enormous amount of government spending to bring about change. So, that's what we're left with. Just change.