OMG! I felt asleep while massaging

@thelme55 (14957)
Germany
Yes, for a second. My Thai workmate and I had a couple partner massage this afternoon. They were husband and wife, our regular customers who came twice a month. I always did the wife and we became friends already. We treat them 90 minutes Thai oil massage and at first we were talking while massaging until we were all quiet while the soft relaxing music was playing in the background. When we massaged the feet, I kept on looking at the clock as it was almost over. There was still 5 minutes left and so I continued massaging the feet in a monotonous effleurage movement. Then suddenly my head felt down and I realised I had fallen asleep for a second while my hands were working. Then I glanced at the clock and noticed that my client was smiling while her eyes were closed. The time had passed and my workmate and I told them to set erect on the bed as we had to give a final massage on their neck. Then my client said, "Thelma, you felt asleep." She said laughing. I said, "no wonder why you were smiling with closed eyes. That is why I love my job, my job is very relaxing. No stress at all." You just can imagine why it happened. The treatment room is always lighted dim and with candles lighted, all of us are quiet while the customers are mostly sleeping. Besides that, there is a very relaxing music in the background. Even how tired I am, I still love my job. How do you react if your massage therapist fall asleep while massaging you? Will you get angry? The photo is my tropical garden in the Philippines. That was one of the things I thought of while massaging.
My last massage was many years ago, and was a treatment for a back injury. My therapist never fell asleep while massaging my back.
@thelme55 (14957)
That is very good @just4him. I have never been asleep massaging a back. It is mostly when I massaged a feet when the treatment is more than an hour in the afternoon that I felt the monotonous massage stroke making me sleepy. Maybe I am already old to do this job.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@just4him, that was so nice massage experience.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@thelme55 hehehehe, that is normal my dear to fall asleep while massaging.You are human and need some minutes rest.Your body is working while massaging.Age is just a figure.
I wouldn't be angry that's for sure. It's good to know that massaging can be relaxing for both parties.
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, indeed very relaxing to both party @JudyEv. I know of that as I feel relaxed doing massage and always tried myself not to feel asleep.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JudyEv, that is a nice exercise body and mind
@thelme55 (14957)
@cacay1 indeed it is
Sounds strange.
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, it seems @marlina.
I would not surely get angry, I understand that this is a hard job and people can be tired.
@thelme55 (14957)
Thank you @LadyDuck. It was only a second that I doze off. I was really tired. It was my 5th client.
@thelme55 It happens to me to doze off a few seconds while I work at my computer.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@LadyDuck , it also happened to me in classroom , while lecturing,I fall asleep in 2 seconds hehehehe. I noticed myself still talking. I told my class that I fall asleep and they suggested me to get a short nap which I did not do.
@JustBhem (41653)
• Davao, Philippines
I would definitely fall asleep if the ambiance is like that too.
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, for sure you would be @JustBhem.
@JustBhem (41653)
• Davao, Philippines
@thelme55 Like I can sleep easily if the ambiance is like that. The scents the place so calm.
@thelme55 (14957)
@JustBhem just like me. The best workspace that I have in my life.
lol that's funny, but it happens to the best of us I suppose.
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, it was indeed funny after I recovered from my shock. It didn't happen before @TRBRocks420
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 , yes,right somewhat funny sleeping while massaging hehehe.
@hereandthere (32551)
not yet, but it's nice when your client had a sense of humor, but thumb's up to you, too, for that witty answer!
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, the couple were both laughing together with my workmate. It happened to her sometime ago. That is why she doesn't like wellness massage. The husband and wife are our clients for many years. So, we know them already that they are kind Germans. Thanks @hereandthere
@averygirl72 (16620)
So I learned today you are a massage therapist. I plan to take a free course online for massage therapy. Do you think it is a good job. Is it fun to massage others?
@thelme55 (14957)
It is a good job. Treating people with their backache, headache and so on is a rewarding job for me. It is so nice to see their faces and how thankful they are of the massage treatment. Tips are also good. For me, it is as I love doing massage as well as receiving it @averygirl72.
@averygirl72 (16620)
@thelme55 Good job. I want to be a massage therapist too? Do you know Swedish, Shiatsu and Thai massage and any other massage?
@thelme55 (14957)
@averygirl72 yes, I do know them and most of them I have certificates. Thai massage, wellness massage, Ayurvedic massage, hot stones, aroma therapy massage, manual lympdrainage, sports massage. I want to know how the Hilot massage in the Philippines is practiced.
Probably got used to be doing the job to the point were you end up getting sleep. Well, it happens when your obviously tired or bored at the middle of your job
@thelme55 (14957)
I don't really get bored giving massage treatment because at the beginning the clients talk and then the rest I heard a sleeping sound of the client while my thoughts are like what can I write in my blogs, things I have to do at home or just thinking of our coming vacation. I was indeed tired as it was my 5th client with foot massage @Letranknight2015
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
Oh my goodness, I wouldn't be happy if a massage therapist fell asleep whilst giving me a massage. I've fallen asleep whilst being massaged. I love the photo.
@thelme55 (14957)
Of course I would not be happy, too if the entire treatment the massage therapist is sleeping but it was not the case @Gillygirl. It happened only in the last 5 minutes before the treatment was finished. Thank you. That is the photo of my tropical garden.
@kobesbuddy (53045)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That would be no cause to get upset, she's obviously just pretty tired:)
@thelme55 (14957)
Thank you @kobesbuddy. I was indeed tired. She was my 5th client this Saturday.
@ridingbet (57951)
with the image picture that you recalled while you were massaging, i bet you really felt the serenity and peace that caused you to sleep while at work.
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, I am so sure of that @ridingbet. I am so calm at work and it carried over to my clients that they usually slept and sometimes snored while I am massaging.
@ridingbet (57951)
@thelme55 hahaha! right on that, but at least you did not sleep beside your client. heheh!
@thelme55 (14957)
@ridingbet that would be funny indeed.
Lol! I'm the one who falls asleep during massages. I wouldn't know if the therapist left the room for lunch or shopping.
@thelme55 (14957)
I am sure that you would noticed when your therapist is gone for lunch @DianneN. I like a client who is like you enjoying the treatment and just relaxing and maybe sleeping.
@thelme55 Lol! I wish you could give me a treatment.
@kepweng (17862)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
nice Garden i am License massage Thrapist too i know phuket massage
@thelme55 (14957)
Thank you @kepweng. Do you mean the traditional Thai massage? I didn't know that it is also called Phuket massage. Do you work as a massage therapist?
@yugocean (8799)
I don't have message for myself, actually I do not even have time for this; but falling asleep while your hands are working, this is possible.
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes, so true @yugocean. Thank you.
@cttolledo (5056)
Haven't experienced that before, if that happen I would understand it maybe the therapist is just too tired.
@thelme55 (14957)
Thank you @cttolledo. I was indeed very tired.
@jobelbojel (7566)
By sound of it, the music is so relaxing that you fell asleep. I haven't been to a spa lately. My back is aching and I am ready to lay down for a massage. I guess
@thelme55 (14957)
Yes indeed it is a very relaxing music @nerdieeds. Good for the clients but it makes the therapists sleepy. You should get a back massage before it get worst that the tension goes up to your shoulders and neck and then you will have a headache.
@cacay1 (33190)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
that was so funny my friend sleeping while massaging.That was because you felt tired while massaging that your body requires some minutes nap. No, I won't be mad if my massager falls asleep.