I Met Last Weeks Goal.....Sort Of.....

@Morleyhunt (19750)
The goal is set last weekend was to finish altering the wedding gown...and to finish quilting the quilt that has been residing on my quilt frame for several months. One of the goals was accomplished even though life threw me a few curves.... Helping hubby shovel chicken manure was not on my planned list of things to do. Then, on Thursday morning, the princess was delivered to me for amdaynof cuddles...she was feverish and had been vomiting. As long as we kept her medicated she seemed a bit sluggish but almost normal...lots of cuddles. It turns out that both my daughter and granddaughter have pneumonia, so I don't think I will be seeing my princess on Monday evening. I did finish the quilting on Saturday morning and the. Surprised myself by getting the prairie points sewn onto the border so only the hand sewing remained. The wedding gown needs about another hour of my time. Then I can call the bride and she can pick up her wedding dress. Meanwhile....I've managed to completely finish the quilt...now...do I put another one on the frame?
Good for you finishing the quilt. I'm sure that's a great feeling.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
It is....this morning I found a project that I had started at least 20+ years ago...it will be finished today...that's also a good feeling.
@Morleyhunt I'm sure it is. I thought I was the only one with 20+ year old projects. Though mine are all manuscripts I've started and haven't finished yet.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@just4him I'll bet if I comb through my works in progress I will find other very old projects. I have discarded a few over the years when I knew I would never work on them again. Sometimes you need to clear away the things that cause stress. They were causing me stress.
@Icydoll (20055)
That's really awesome quilt......
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thank you...it used a lot of pieces I was tempted to just throw away...but I managed to make good use of those scraps.
@Icydoll (20055)
@Morleyhunt yeah what you said is clearly visible in the picture.really great work ...
@UncleJoe (9966)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That is the second beautiful quilt I have seen posted today. Your craft overwhelms me.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Last weeks quilt is actually more impressive... Thank you for your kind words.
@UncleJoe (9966)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
@Morleyhunt Actually, I should thank you for displaying your art.
I am sorry both your daughter and granddaughter have pneumonia, I hope they will be better soon. Did you finished the wedding gown?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I hope they recover quickly as well. The wedding dress is finished. To save headaches and drama...I'm delivering it.
@Morleyhunt The bride to be is surely very happy.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@LadyDuck she was very pleased.
@dodo19 (32909)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm sorry to hear that your daughter and granddaughter are sick. I hope they feel better soon. I do like your quilt though. It's very well done.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I hope they are both better quickly....the last week in January, my daughter and her husband are going to Punta Cana for a week and I get the princess....then as soon as they get back...I leave for New Brunswick. Thank you. Im quite pleased with the quilt...and yes...I've decided to set another quilt up tomorrow.
@dodo19 (32909)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Morleyhunt Enjoy your time with your little princess, and your trip to New Brunswick.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@dodo19 thank you.
@bagarad (12170)
• Paso Robles, California
Sounds like you got a lot done in spite of the interruptions. Hope you don't catch whatever the Princess has.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I set my goals and work hard towards accomplishing them.
@bagarad (12170)
• Paso Robles, California
@Morleyhunt I admire that in you. I tend to get distracted instead of plunging ahead.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@bagarad I get distracted (there are so many rabbit trails to follow) but I try to set one focused goal and then there is room to deviate from the path....we are only two weeks in....my goals become more muddled as the year progresses.
Sorry to hear your daughter and granddaughter are suffering from pneumonia. Wishing them a speedy recovery. The quilt is beautiful.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thank you. My granddaughter is a bit better this morning....we are more concerned with my daughter as she is on immune suppressants.
@Morleyhunt I have nephrotic syndrome, kidney disease, and I am at risk too. Visiting Dad at the nursing home is taking a chance for me, but the staff alerts all if there is a case of anything that would put others at risk. I wear a surgical mask and gloves if the nursing home has anything bad going around.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
@Corbin5 The nursing home my dad is in is also quick to post if there are problems....we all recognize those yellow gowns and purple gloves....hand sanitizer....masks...it becomes a chore just to visit sometimes.
@Platespinner (16520)
Wait. I thought it was just an ear infection?
@Morleyhunt (19750)
That's what we all thought....apparently it has progressed....she was a bit better last night....so was her mom.
@Morleyhunt praying they recover swiftly!
That is a lovely quilt. Vince had pneumonia three times then got immunised against it.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
On Friday Sandra was diagnosed with an ear infection....her first....this morning they diagnosed both her and her mommy (my daughter) with pneumonia. This is a worry as she is on immuno-suppressants. This will affect the next infusion she is due to get in a weeks time.
@Morleyhunt That's not good. I hope they'll all recover easily.
@sallypup (27136)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm sorry your family is so ill. You are a needle artist.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Everyone is healthy again. Much had happened sknce that day.
That is great that you finished the quilt. I like the one in the picture.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
During the last 2.5 months I have finished 5 more full sozed quilts plus a waitress will help you.
@Fishmomma (11504)
Sorry to hear about pneumonia. Hope they are better now. Glad to hear the wedding dress and quilt are finished.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I am hoping to hear from my daughter later today......meanwhile another project progresses.
Pneumonia for both is a lot of worries for you. I hope that they come out of it soon.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I'm hoping to hear, later today that they are both well on the way to being back in good health.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
You have done wonderful job in spite of your daughter and grand daughter were not well.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thank you. Now...on to the next project.
• Eugene, Oregon
A beautiful and very cozy quilt that you show here.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thank you. Now I need to wash it to get rid if the marker lines.
Hope your daughter and granddaughter start feeling better.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Me too. It's no fun being sick.
The quilt is amazing! I hope your daughter and granddaughter get we'll soon. Kids having that is scary for a parent.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
Thank you....now I need to finish the wedding gown.
The quilt looks great. I thought that this was going to be the final time you set up a quilt at this home. I hope that your granddaughter is feeling better soon.
@Morleyhunt (19750)
I have three weeks that I could work on a quilt. The frame I'm currently using is easy to set up,and take down...I can take the quilt off and out it back on when I get to the new house. I'm waiting to hear from my daughter how they are doing today...