Dirty dishes I am coming for you...

Staten Island, New York
I have the entire kitchen counter filled with dirty dishes, utensils, cups, pots, pans, and cutting boards. It's all been sitting there since yesterday. I can't stand to look at all that chaos anymore. I hate cluttered counters and dirty stuff. Gotta go wash it all. Dirty dishes and everything else staring at me, I'm coming for you! Darn it you useless dishwasher. Why do you exist if I can't use you?
My dishwasher is always available: my hands.
• Staten Island, New York
I am the dishwasher.
@BabeSays (1832)
• Mauritius
Why can't you use the dish washer? Is it broken?
• Staten Island, New York
It hasn't been used in years. I tried it once recently and the water that accumulated on top of cups or bowls, etc. had black stuff in it. Also, perhaps it's a coincidence, but after I used the dishwasher the ceiling started leaking. But the leak didn't happen in the ceiling on the floor below but in the kitchen. Logically, makes no sense and the two shouldn't be related, but seems they are connected somehow. Since this incident have no used dishwasher again.
@BabeSays (1832)
• Mauritius
@lovebuglena that's a wise choice you've right there my friend. Good luck with those dishes. Btw I also washes by hand. I don't have any dish washer and personally I think hand washed dishes are more cleaner.
• Staten Island, New York
@BabeSays I know some people who first hand wash and then put in the dishwasher to wash.
Why can't you use it? I hate seeing dirty dishes. But we dont always do them the day of either.
• Staten Island, New York
Because last time I tried using it there was black residue on stuff where the water accumulated, like cups, bowls, stuff like that... And the ceiling started leaking but in the kitchen weirdly enough and not in the floor below.
@lovebuglena that's really weird! Have you had it checked out?
• Staten Island, New York
@Courtlynn When a guy came to take a look at the leak issue the ceiling stopped leaking. And he said there is no way the leak and the dishwasher are related. Logically, there is no way the dishwasher could have caused the leak. On one hand I agree. But then again, sometimes things happen when logically they shouldn't.
That's bad. Hope you can get the dishwasher ready sometime soon. Take care
• Staten Island, New York
I would replace it, as I would replace the old washing machine with that thing in the middle of it, but that costs lots of money. Cannot afford it.
We don't have a dishwasher. I don't mind doing them by hand. What I don't like is to iron.
• Staten Island, New York
I like doing dishes but when there is too much to wash in one sitting I don't always want to tackle it.
One thing that I don't mind doing is washing dishes. The trick is not piling it up.
I have filled the dishwasher twice today. We had ten for breakfast which is very unusual for us.