A Delicious Pleasure

"Kisses"
@WriterAI (5121)
Bulgaria
These are pure Bulgarian sweet items. They are called "kisses" here. The "kisses" are made from eggs, sugar and powder sugar. These food items have been widely known here for long time. They are so sweet pleasure here in our country. The "kisses" are very light and quickly consumed. You could see them in the pic enclosed here. Thanks for reading. Have you ever eaten Bulgarian "kisses"?
You can find this speciality in other countries, too. In Germany, they're often called by their French name, baisers, which means 'kiss'.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Great thanks for your correction. Until now I didn't know their history. Now it's clear. It's one European food pleasure.
@MALUSE We called them simply "meringues" in the south of France, baisers if there are 2 meringues with whipped cream between the two. It needs to be two for a kiss.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
@LadyDuck It's another shape. But God bless us all at all!
@dodoazo (17754)
We have so many here in our country. They are in different colors. We call it as "Meringue". Once it touches to your lips, it gets easily mostened and dissolved. The kids love to eat this.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Thank you for your informative response. God bless you and your country.
@dodoazo (17754)
@WriterAI Thank you. I am wishing the best of everything to your and to your country. God bless.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
@dodoazo Thanks a lot.
I have never seen kisses like that before. I like to eat the chocolate ones.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Thanks for your informative answer.
@WriterAI You are welcome Albena.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
In France we called them "meringues" in Italy "meringhe" Here in Switzerland we serve them with whipped cream and, in season with chestnut puree, the pastry name is "Mont Blanc" (White Montain).
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Thank you for your additional details.
@WriterAI I love the dessert called "Mont Blanc", it's a shame it is only available during chestnuts season.
@ridingbet (49785)
we call this 'meringue' and they are white, light, and soft in the inside.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Thank you for your informative response. These sweets are just the same as your ones.
I have never eaten Bulgarian kisses, but they look absolutely delicious.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Nice to hear from you. You are right.
@louievill (18385)
I think they are or similar to meringue, it's made from egg whites and sugar, hope I am referring to the same thing Over here when we say kisses for dessert we are referring to a type of chocolate candy made by Hershey's
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Glad to hear from you, friend! Thanks for your informative answer.
no and never will either. I see them and I would love to try one. when I think of what I could not have after eating all that sugar I walk away. I a so good now about missing the bakery section. I would stop in and buy a treat now I can pass it by.
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Thanks for your answer.
they look cute and sweet
@WriterAI (5121)
• Bulgaria
Agree with you. You are right.
We have them here too but I've thrown the packet out. I think they were called 'kisses' too. You can buy bigger meringue shells too. You might put whipped cream and fruit on these as a dessert.
@Icydoll (14465)
Yeah I had it in my childhood..now don't like to have sweets .I rarely eat.yeah it is quickly consumed.