General Doctor or Dermatalogist for Hair Loss

By Tim
Most of the Dermatalogist seems only skin specialist. Which doctor you go to identify the causes of your hair loss? I believe the cause of my hair loss is nutrition and General Doctor will do. Any advise?
@Maria24 (2162)
Yeah I would go to general doctor to see if he recommends a specialist on hair loss
@Mansi93 (65)
I think a visit to the general doc might help
I hope you get some help with your hair loss.
@rheicel (7331)
My cousin has a big problem with her hair. She's now losing hair because of abusing use of hair straightener.
For me, I was on a crash diet for a few months . That might be effecting now. I'm a Male btw. It could be Male Pattern Baldness also. That's why I want to identify for a proper treatment.
@rheicel (7331)
@infoforall Yes, most of the time men experience baldness. Avoid using shampoo every day just use it twice a week.
@pitsipeahie (2214)
General doctor is fine, a dermatologist would be fine too. They specialize in diseases of the skin, hair and nails. When I was a kid my mother bought me to a dermatologist because I'm loosing too much hair. The doctor prescribed me some shampoo. I used aloe vera too! That's the last time I've heard of hair loss. I don't have any problems with my hair now.
@prashu228 (25811)
I visit a general doctor for suggestion