Did You See the Eclipse?

Image Source: Pixabay
We had a clear view of the Super Blue Blood Moon here in Northern California. I was able to watch the eclipse from the sliding glass door that leads out to my balcony. Not that I sat there and watched the entire thing; I merely got up every 15 minutes or so to check the moon out. I was chatting with my sister on Facebook during the eclipse and she was going out in her backyard every so often to check it out as well. She stopped going out after she heard some high-pitched giggling that she said sounded like the Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz. That's definitely not something you want to hear in the wee morning hours when the moon is blood red. I stepped outside on my balcony a couple times during the eclipse, but the only sounds I heard were that of some roosters crowing. After it reached totality I got tired of checking it out. I know that the whole "Super Blue Blood Moon" is a once-in-a-lifetime event, but if you've seen one lunar eclipse, you've pretty much seen them all. It was still neat to look at, though. Were you able to see the eclipse from your neck of the woods?
@hereandthere (33054)
that's what i did, too. stepping out and looking up every few minutes since 6:45 pm. it's 10:45 pm now so i saw it from yellow to red and now turning yellow again.
@owstalaga (4576)
Oh it turned red? Whew...
@owstalaga yes. that was the "blood" part. now it's a full yellow again, just like the way it started.
@owstalaga (4576)
@hereandthere So that's the inspiration to Naruto having red moons maybe. I didn't think it would really be possible when the moon turns red like in some movies/TV shows.
@Plethos (11632)
Saw it here in socal. All i heard were cats mating.
At least it wasn't the sound of Munchkins mating.
Actually I didn't get to see the eclipse, cloud cover blocked any view of it from my area
Aww, bummer! You would have taken beautiful pictures of it too. Stupid clouds. It was a bit cloudy earlier in the evening but cleared up so we were able to see it.
@yugocean (8848)
you too.
Glad to hear you saw it. I looked up at it about midnight before it happened, but that was it, was too tired to go out again.
If I didn't stay up all night I would have missed it. My boyfriend had to go to bed a couple hours before it started so he didn't get to see it either.
Nope but becaise i didnt bother to look. Lol
I saw some of my friends were watching it being live streamed on Facebook, which confused me since they could have easily stepped outside and seen it...
@Srbageldog depending on the time, maybe they were in bed already? Idk lol people are lazy.
@Courtlynn I think they were probably just being lazy.
K, that's just plain no fair at all. Everytime there's a planetary event of any kind I'm always in the wrong neck of the woods.
What a bummer, a lot of times things aren't visible here either. Like the total solar eclipse last year, I didn't get to see that.
Me either @Srbageldog it seems every time there is a celestial event that can be seen from earth I don't live where one can see it.
@rebelann I suppose we need to travel to wear the celestial events can be seen...if only I had the means to!
It is raining her, we are not even going to see the moon.
That is too bad.
@Srbageldog Anyway the eclipse was not visible in this part of the world.
@LadyDuck I think I happened to be in a prime viewing spot for it.
i tried to look at the sky around 8:30pm but the seems the cloud is covering until i felt sleepy at 9pm
Sorry you were unable to see it.
not that interested anyways i have no telescope
@owstalaga (4576)
Nah, didn't really bother. Saw the moon while I was going home. It was big and round and bright, covered partly by clouds.
Well at least you saw the moon.
@owstalaga (4576)
@Srbageldog true. Today it's still full and big!
nope.we never get to see anything good. it was half-assed snowing last night.
That sucks. It was a bit cloudy here earlier in the evening but fortunately it cleared up by the time the eclipse took place.
I had given up really as the timings they suggested still had blue skies. But later around 8 'I saw, I went and captured 'it in my camera. It was a partial thing pretty nevertheless.
I am glad you got to see it and take pictures of it, even if it was just a partial eclipse.
@cttolledo (5051)
Yes. Me too but not that often like you. I did not watch it that much.
I'm glad you got to see it.
@Icydoll (26266)
Glad you watched it..I watched it too..but not big enough .
I'm glad you got to see it.
@valmnz (12858)
• New Zealand
Wrong time of night here, I was in bed asleep.
Many people were. My boyfriend missed it.
I did not see it. I think our cloud cover would have blocked a view.
That is too bad.
Yes, but it wasn't big enough were I am.
It didn't look too big here either.
@yugocean (8848)
Sky was not clear in our place, we missed