Moderation in everything

tea cup
@mydanods (6798)
Nigeria
Green tea is a popular medicinal tea. It has lots of benefits including lowering cholesterol, reducing risk of heart disease and cancer. These benefits are due to catechin, a component in Green tea. It is also known to prevent high blood pressure. It has been discovered though that taking Green tea in high doses, like those found in weight loss supplements, can cause liver damage. So, moderation is the lesson here. There is a limit to every good thing. picture credit: pixabay.com
I've never tried green tea, I just like ordinary breakfast tea.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
It's a tea from China that is popular in America.
@mydanods Yes, I've heard of it and I think it's quite popular here too. My daughter drinks it occasionally.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@jaboUK United States and United Kingdom are the major importers from China.
I enjoy one cup of green tea a day. I agree! Moderation in everything is important.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
That's good. Green tea is good for the body.
Yes, overdoing just about anything does not work out well for humans.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
Some people think that by taking large doses of these tea, they can increase the effects. So, the warning has to be sounded publicly that large doses can lead to liver damage.
@Spontaneo (983)
I have attempted to lose belly fat by drinking green tea as the experts explained it would, but no such luck. Green tea did not work for me.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
Green tea does not make you lose weight; it reduces cholesterol levels in the system.
People should not listen to advice from others who do not know what they are talking about. Green tea is NOT good for everyone. It all depends of the persons health problems and what are the medicines that she or he takes.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
Green tea has been found to be good generally. Recent research shows that those taking high amount of it will have liver damage. I researched my article well before posting.