Ripped money is so useless

Hello mylotters. I don't know were I got this bill from because it keeps getting rejected. Either I got it from the lottery or got ripped from the wallet taking it out. Looks like it's another lesson for me to be "careful with your money because it becomes worth less peace of paper once it gets torn in some day. Have you had any situation were your money becomes useless?
That money isn't useless. Go to the bank and have it changed or deposit it.
Hello @toniganzon okay I will do that, I wonder if they will accept it though.
@Letranknight2015 I'm 100% sure they will accept them. The ripped in the photos isn't doesn't damage the paper even by 80% so I'm pretty sure they will as I do transact with the bank on a weekly basis and I have turned over a lot of peso bill even amounting to 1,000 and 500 in that same situation.
@toniganzon okay, I will try it in my bank
@louievill (18107)
I have torn or worn out bills from my shop, I just set them aside and when wife goes to the bank we exchange them all together.
Hello @louievill So I don't have to throw them away these bills. I wonder if the banks will accept them.
@louievill (18107)
@Letranknight2015 it's their obligation to accept and replace them so long as serial number is intact.
@louievill Okay I will do this.
If its ripped we can exchange to the bank for a new one.
Hello @infatuatedbby maybe I should go visit the bank someday, hope they change it.
@Letranknight2015 Here they do
Yes, I have. I was visiting the fast food place, Wendy's, and after I paid they gave me about four dollars in change. When I got home I looked, and one dollar was only half a dollar bill! No one will take half a bill. I was ticked off because they basically cheated me.
Hello @AmbiePam What did you do after that? Did you come back and complain to the manager? I'd be mad too if that were me.
@Letranknight2015 I planned to, but I wouldn have had to go out of my way to do so, and finally decided it cost more than a dollar of gas to go back, in which case I ultimately would be wasting more money than it was worth.
@ebanreb (6281)
Yeah when the money was torn apart or ripped or when the money is already old and obsolete. The money becomes valueless.
Hello @ebanreb Well, it really doesn't have any value now, just can't believe this happened to me. Luckily it's not a high amount.
@ebanreb (6281)
@Letranknight2015 Yeah atleast small amount
It would be taken at the bank here as long as the code was on it.
Hello @sharon6345 Yes the code is still intact.
• Calgary, Alberta
Try it on a softdrinks bending machine. I got away with it one time during my delinquent days.
Hello @CaptAlbertWhisker There is one in the hospital, not sure if it's there still.
@prashu228 (25821)
yes ofcourse ...it happened no use of those notes now ..just a waste paper
Hello @prashu228 I'm not throwing this away for now, I will just keep it.
@RodrickH (5887)
Ripped money can be changed in the bank in my country, but not the whole face value since it's ripped
Helo @RodrickH not the whole face value? only the number got ripped in this bill.
@RodrickH (5887)
@Letranknight2015 Yes, that's the rule of our bank in my country, if you have the ripped money, you can't change the whole face value
@RodrickH good for you there.
@Ithink (10779)
I dont know about there, but here we can take it to the bank as long as it has the serial code on it.
Hello @Ithink yeah the serial code is intact for the moment.
@Ithink (10779)
@Letranknight2015 So can you take it to your bank like we can here?
Well, I haven't experienced it. Some acquainted friends were ripped off with such fake money.
Hello @Shavkat what did they do with the fake money? that's what I'm afraid of now. I've watch video about they get fake or lack of change.
@Letranknight2015 Some of them burned it and others cut them into pieces.
@cintol (4503)
Why is it no good just because the corner is gone? As long as we have 3/4 of a bill, it is still good, just needs to have the number on both sides. That could get expensive if corners tear off very often
Hello @cintol It's my fault anyway for not taking good care fo the bill. I hope I could find a near bank and have it replaced.
@cintol (4503)
I am sure they will replace it, good luck
@ridingbet (46857)
why not let it be changed in the bank? that is not your own doing, right?
Hello @ridingbet nope I just learned it recently, not sure how it got ripped.
Oh wow that is so sad to me that if ripped you are out that money. Some people are so poor they could never afford to have a dollar wasted. Here if a dollar rips we just take it to the bank and they will exchange it with a new one.
Hello @shaggin I don't remember how it happened, but I usually check the money before I accept the change.
No similar situation for me but i do hope you can still get the torn money replaced with a good one.
Hello @allen0187 I hope you don't have to experience it.
no i dont keep coins/bills i often spend them
Hello @Strawberry18 oh, okay, I don't keep them either but I just can't get rid of this bill.
@dya80dya (1619)
You can exchange the money.
Hello @dya80dya ah okay thank you.
Can't you change it to a new bill in the bank?
Hello @121266lulu I haven't tried that yet
@rheicel (7316)
Yes, I've experienced that before I tried to buy them on the sari-sari store and they accept it. But now I'm very much careful I inspect the money before I receive it.
Hello @rheicel Too bad mine was rejected way too many times already. I wonder if I can just give it to the beggar
@rheicel (7316)
@Letranknight2015 Yes, that's a good idea just give it to them. They might accept it if it comes to a beggar.
@rheicel I agree with you, that could be a better solution.
I had a check once I taped and it turned out to be ok. I know what you mean by watching tings so they stay in one piece.
Hello @Hannihar there are times that we tend to mishandle our money.
@Letranknight2015 LK, you are right.