Okay, If You Say So

Diet Coke ginger lime can.  No calories OR taste.  Photo taken by and the property of FourWalls.
@FourWalls (15291)
One of the more enjoyable things here is the frequent product reviews that @JohnRoberts posts after he tries something (usually procured from the 99c store). Usually I'll review something if it's really good or really bad. This falls into the latter category. While grocery shopping Sunday I saw single cans of flavored Diet Coke for sale, cheap. One of the flavors intrigued me: "ginger lime." I picked up a can of it. Ginger lime flavor? Okay, if you say so. I've often considered Diet Coke the tofu of diet drinks. By that, I mean it has NO flavor at all. This can showed that, unlike tofu (that will absorb the flavors it's prepared with), adding flavor doesn't help alleviate that situation at all when it comes to Diet Coke. No taste. None. I couldn't even taste ginger or lime. I'll say this: the new Coke Zero is fabulous. I hope Coca-Cola puts its effort into that and discontinues Diet Coke, because it's a waste of everything.
@nanette64 (17975)
• Fairfield, Texas
I can't remember the last time I had a soda of any kind @FourWalls . I had a friend who couldn't even live through one day without consuming several 40 ounce Dr. Pepper's. And the sugar count in those? OMG!!
I love Dr. Pepper but not 40 ounces at a time.
@nanette64 (17975)
• Fairfield, Texas
@JohnRoberts It was crazy. Most people have that cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Not her. She would go to the nearest 711 and head straight to the soda machine.
I don't drink much diet soda but I do like diet Coke
@FourWalls (15291)
My favorite restaurant started carrying Coke Zero, so I get that now instead of Diet Coke. I really like Coke Zero; in fact, I wish they made it in a caffeine-free version so I could drink it at night.
@FourWalls Is there anything in the can? It is Coke Zero after all.
@FourWalls (15291)
@JohnRoberts — like Gallagher said, “Pepsi Free” is COKE if it’s free of Pepsi!
@spiderdust (7231)
• San Jose, California
That doesn't even sound like a good flavor to add to a cola!
Never touch the stuff.I drink Boostlol
I don't like anything diet which leaves a tinny aftertaste. I do like regular lime Coke. Ginger lime? What were they thinking?
I don't care much for Diet Coke as it is. Thanks for confirming that I wouldn't like this, either. I do love Coke Zero, though.
• San Jose, California
I love the taste of Coke Zero, but my intestines don't. I haven't tried the new formulation, so maybe they improved that.
@FourWalls (15291)
Oh, me too. The first time I tasted the new Coke Zero it tasted so much like Coke I had to ask to make sure it was Coke Zero.
@FourWalls - I buy it over regular Coke every time.
@cintol (7874)
I don't drink diet soda, I did once upon a time when Dr Pepper had Choc covered cherry Diet dr pepper and it was amazing but the aspartame in it was causing major issues with my organs and I had to stop. No taste on the Diet Coke you bought was probably why it was so cheap
@FourWalls (15291)
I’ve noticed that some soft drink manufacturers are getting away from aspartame. My main beverage is Diet Rite, because it has no aspartame and no caffeine (no sodium, either).
@cintol (7874)
Well thats good, more of them should get away from it. I have moved to water and green tea and thats all I drink now
@AKRao24 (21218)
Ha Ha Ha ....Im liked the discussion...please could you kindly change your conclusion as one of my best friends is VP in Coca Cola in sales division...he may get a heart attack if tell thing to him1 LOL! Thanks dear @FourWalls!
@FourWalls (15291)
I'll give Coca-Cola credit: they do listen to the public. We had "new coke" inflicted upon us in the mid-80s, and the outcry was so great it was pulled before the commercials finished.
@AKRao24 (21218)
Ha ha ha ... what a way of playing with words dear @FourWalls ! i appreciate your skilol along with your sense of humor! Thanks! Have a great time!
usually diet coke/coke zero has no taste
@FourWalls (15291)
The revamped Coke Zero (which they now call “Coke Zero Sugar,” probably to get people to stop calling it “Coke Zero Taste” as an insult/joke) has flavor. Diet Coke, however, still has none. Then there was the old Coke diet soft drink product, Tab, which was just weird tasting.
@renicemae (3560)
Diet Coke? That's interesting. I guess we dont have a flavor like that yet in my country. I hope i can find one soon though
@kanchan10 (3431)
• Kolkata, India
don't consume much coke as it deteriorates your health for sure. stay healthy.
I rarely drink any of these but I know they're mostly very popular.
I no longer drink any Coke because here on this side of the world even though they supposedly sell the real thing Coca Cola it is much too sweet for me. Even the diet kind seems syrupy.
Well, thank you. Sure will not try the ginger lime. Ginger lime does not even sound good to me.
@Plethos (10969)
I think diet coke was just renamed to coke zero. Diet coke cans are being phased out, i think.