World Radio Day

Today is World Radio Day. Do you listen to the radio and do you have a favorite radio station? I listen to the radio in the morning when I get up and all day when I am at work. My favorite station is the local country channel 94.1. I like the DJs and the games and contests they have. They also have a request hour. I have been listening to this station since I moved here over 30 years ago now. I do listen to other music too but this has always been my favorite channel to tune into to. Have you ever won anything on the radio? A coworker won $5000 one year on a radio contest. At work we have won a 6 foot sub from Subway and a few pizza parties over the years.
I listen to the radio whenever I am in my sewing and work room. Sometimes I listen to music - but mostly the talk shows.
I enjoy listening to the talk shows too.
@Plethos (9545)
I listn to a bunch of talk radio.
Talk radio is always interesting to listen to.
@inertia4 (27385)
I used to listen to the radio when it really meant something. My favorite station back in the day was WNEW FM. They played all the greatest rock songs and bands back then. Now that station is all the stuff and I don't listen anymore. I started listening to Siius radio and I stopped that also. But the one thing I used to listen to every morning on my way to work was Howard Stern. That was some awesome radio. Now I am happy to listen to my my music on Apple Music. Awesome selection and no commercials. Nice!!!
I use to enjoy listing to Howard Stern too.
@inertia4 (27385)
@Happy2BeMe Yeah. He is still on Sirius. I don't have Sirius right now. But I can find videos on YouTube to watch. Still funny as ever.
One time my dad heard a guys name announced on the radio and if you happened to hear your name and called in time then you would win money. My dad heard a guys name he recognized and he drove over and told him. The guy called in and won. Never even thanked my dad. I don't know why I remember that after all these years. I listen to the radio sometimes while I am driving but if my daughter is with me she has CDs she has me play.
Sad that some people are like that. Not many kids listen to the radio. They perfer their music. lol
We mostly only listen when we first wake up and when we go to bed at night.
I always listen in the morning when I am getting ready for work.
• Riga, Latvia
I have the radio playing downstairs in the living room all the time. My plants down there just love listening to the oldies. Upstairs while I work on my PC I usually watch old series and movies on another PC.
That is great
I used to listen to the radio all the time, but then came cable and CDs, and the radio now just sits.
That is the way it is for a lot of people
@LeaPea2417 (18996)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I have a rock station I listen to in the car. I also listen to another channel that broadcasts talk radio which I really enjoy.
Talk shows are always entertaining to listen to
yes i listen to radio sometimes
@Orson_Kart (4309)
I am a TOG with a face for radio.
A friend won a birthday cake for me via the radio. We listen to it in our cars all the time, especially news stations, comedy, or oldies. My husband listens to sports stations when I am NOT in the car. Lol! Now, I have my Echo playing.
I usually listen to the radio several hours a day. Never attempted a radio contest.
• Eugene, Oregon
We have the radio on a good part of the day tuned to our local Public Broadcasting station, news, and interviews, national, international and local.
No radio for me since I love youtube videoos. I often listen to pandora if that counts.
No radio here for me.