Travel and Teach

My husband and I are both licensed teachers in our country. We both have regular jobs, and the total amount of the salary that we received every month is more than enough for our monthly expenses and expenditures. However, we feel like we were not happy with what we're doing; it seemed like we really needed to leave our comfort zone so we will grow personally and professionally. After doing numerous researches online, we finally made up our mind - we must leave so we can travel around the world. However, we also needed to find jobs to help us finance our travel expenses. We found some teaching jobs abroad and once in a while, we travel to nearby countries. It's a great experience for both of us. What about you? Have you tried doing something that you though that it's a crazy thing to do but later on you realized that you're glad you did it?
@AKRao24 (21409)
Yes, I am a Practicing Vet who used to have a Clinic for Pets where my hours were fixed and I was making good money through my treatment and surgeries. I used to hire interns who used to study their Masters then. But then I wanted to do some thing better where I can get some sophisticated and advanced equipment for diagnosis and treatment and a Modern OT etc. So I have decided to join a Stud Farm in the capacity of Stud Vet. Today it is more than 30 years now, I am still working as a Stud Vet residing on a Farm , with 24 x 7 as my duty hours as I need to look after about 300 horses. This is definitely a hard working and challenging job, but I have no regrets as today I am very happy monetarily, professionally and mentally! Thanks dear @galileo2008 for the nice discussion! I enjoyed participating !
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am amazed by what you're doing - the passion and the love of horses - makes you motivated and keeps you going. Sometimes you don't really mind working for more hours as long as you're happy and contented. I am in awe. Great job!
@AKRao24 (21409)
As you say now it is my passion and horses are my kids dear @galileo2008 ! Thanks!
• Uzbekistan
That's a brilliant idea. What subjects do you teach and in which language(s) do you teach them?
I used to teach kindergarten kids in our country, so mostly basic subjects such as the alphabets, colors, and numbers. When I worked in Ecuador, it was more challenging because all students cannot speak nor understand the English language. I had to learn the basic Spanish words so they will listen, otherwise I'd be very frustrated because no matter what I do and say, they wouldn't follow because of language barrier. But I am glad that I was able to meet my goal. The parents were telling me that their kids love English. It's a compliment for me. :-)
@AJAYSAXENA (2058)
• Hyderabad, India
My question to you is that are you 100% sure that if you travel to other countries you feel good, This is what you want, You need to think once if not what is your interest, I realised with me that i cannot work under any person i want to start business but for that i need money instead of that what i did is that i started sharing my experiencing through blog and you tube videos for my earning. So i advise you to take the right step because one bad step can spoil entire carrier.
I understand your concern. Before we will go to a particular country to work, we made sure that we're knowledgeable about the culture and values of the community. We need to have an open mind that we will be working in a country which beliefs and cultures are not the same as ours. We are teachers by profession and this is the thing that we think we can do best. We've experienced working in South America, and now we're here in Vietnam.
@miketagz (8811)
I have a home based business but I have a plan something else to think of. I might to take a travel taste test on every part of the country.
You can actually do your business while traveling. As long as the internet connection is strong, you'll be fine. I will really recommend traveling to other countries, but you gotta have an open mind, too. Thanks for sharing.
@miketagz (8811)
@galileo2008 Yeah right. Thanks for your advice. Hope you can be a youtube sensation. Hehe.
@miketagz Haha! How I wish! I've been receiving quite a number of requests from friends and acquaintances that I should also do vlogging, but I think I cannot do it as of the moment. I will try in the future. Who knows? :-) Thank you!