Cut out of the will

My mother has always had a complicated relationship with her mother and siblings. There have been whole years where she (and my sister and I) hasn’t spoken to them due to something awful that they did to her or one of us. Earlier this week my grandmother’s will was finally settled and my mother discovered that my aunts had taken my grandmother to a lawyer shortly before she died and had her will changed to basically cut my mother out of it. All of this was done so they could each get the grand sum of $7,000. Seriously? They betrayed their sibling and upset the family over seven thousand freaking dollars each? What the hell do they need that money so badly for? (Answer = nothing) It is amazing how low some people can go. I am sickened by this.
Basically the same thing happened with my mom's will. Greed is a terrible thing. I haven't talked to some of my sisters in four years. People will stoop pretty low. It is disgusting and sad. Sorry it happened to your mom.
I'm sorry that it happened to you too.
@Courage7 (11781)
I am familiar with this type of treachery. For measly amounts of money. I have some experience in my own family with this..needless to say it is quite disgusting and sickening yes and very underhanded..sorry this happened to your Mom also.
@spiderdust (6857)
• San Jose, California
What horrible people.
Agreed.
@1creekgirl (11397)
That's terrible. My husband's brother did the same thing. Greed will make people animals.
I just don't understand how people can be like that.
@1creekgirl (11397)
@NJChicaa The interesting thing is that it's not usually the amount of money. People can destroy whole family relationships for just a few dollars, it doesn't have to be millions.
@1creekgirl craziness
That is sad. I feel like whatever mine is left after paying for their burial should be divided after they die. Family can be so greedy and rotten when it comes to money.
You are correct.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That happened with my dad's grandpa. And my dad's parents were the ones that screwed the rest of the family.
I don't get it.
Th is is an example of why I am glad to just have one living parent and obscure distant relatives I never met.
It is crazy for sure.
@CinnamonGrl (6066)
• Paradise, California
That's nasty. I feel lucky to have a small family and that we get along. That is so petty, and I'm sorry they treated your mom like that. UGH.
Yeah it sucks.
In my dad' family, one of his stepbrothers I think claimed he didn't get enough money after, he got over $200,00, and my dad and my family got $60,000 over TEN years. The stepbrother somehow went after the money by checking him out (i forget how)Then my step-cousin had her whole college education paid for ( i think more money too) and my sister and i who were actually in college (and this cousin was about four years old) and us two got nothing It is not the money as i could care less it is about being fair. And not worshipping money so much over family. My dad refused to ever talk to the stepbrother again
It is ridiculous how crazy people get over money. My grandmother left her children money and her great-grandchildren money. She left my sister and I nothing and it didn’t even occur to us to care.
Seems like this sort of thing happens a lot. Sad.
It is amazing how some people will choose $$ over family
• Rochester, New York
That is an absolutely horrible thing to do. Karma will get them in the end.
I hope so