Laundry

bankroom dining room at Brookville
Marion, Kansas
Just why is it that on a day I can sleep in really as late as I would choose, I end up awake at 5:00 a. m. our work day time. I could hardly drag myself out all week, but here it is Saturday and I am up. I have put in a load of laundry. This is an image in the Bank Room, dining room at the Brookville Hotel. The table directly in front has been stripped of its white tablecloth and napkins to be made ready for the next guest. As I watched the server doing this, I found myself thinking that I was glad not to be responsible for their laundry and dishes. Of course I am positive they have a linen service for the tablecloths and napkins, but it was a random thought. So, instead, I am here at home. Contemplating laundry, cooking and dishes, and life is good. I will be around today.
I fought with Scar to stay in bed until 5 this morning because I'm gonna have a late night tonight. I have to run sound for a few bands this evening and the show runs from 9 PM to 1 AM, I'll probably make it home between 1:30 and 2 AM.
• Marion, Kansas
Well, Princess restrained herself. She uses the guest bedroom a lot after she tucks us in at night.
did the precious Scar let you sleep in after you explained it to him?from the Scar you write about he is full of love so he would be kind
I was exhausted from work yesterday and slept great. Didn't want to get up this morning, but I did about 7:30. That is sleeping in for me!
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, that would be sleeping in for me as well.
We become acclimated to the work sleep schedule and our bodies don't know weekends.
• Marion, Kansas
I usually can sleep in at least another hour on the weekends, but I am enjoying being up and being here.
Normally Saturday is my laundry day at my son's. Not today. Today, I will be going with a friend to his book signing to lend support, so I won't be around, except in spirit.
• Marion, Kansas
We do some wash Thursday, Friday and Saturday, depending on what we get around to, but we have a washer in the house. Best wishes to your friend today and congratulations.
@GardenGerty Thank you. I hope he does well.
The restaurants always have a linen service, unless they are very small family restaurants. Do not worry for them.
• Marion, Kansas
Or if it is fast food like McDonalds, although most do get their aprons from a service. No, I am not worried. I really admired the smooth working of this place.
@GardenGerty My cousin has a restaurant in Italy. They do many marriages and I know they have an external linen service.
• Marion, Kansas
@LadyDuck How nice. It must be very lovely to be chosen for many weddings.
@BarBaraPrz (19399)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I was up early today, too, as my new fridge is to be delivered "between 8-1" and someone was coming to get my old one about 8:30. Of course, I couldn't sleep last night, knowing that I would have to be up early this morning. I kept waking up every few minutes, even though it seemed as if I'd slept hours between wake-ups. Anyway, old fridge is gone, new one yet to arrive.
• Marion, Kansas
What will your new fridge be like. I think I will chase over to your profile now and snoop in some discussions.
@BarBaraPrz (19399)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@GardenGerty Here is a link to the description:
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/brands/refrigerators/lbnc10551w-24-101-cu-ft-counter-depth-bottom-freezer-refrigerator---white
• Marion, Kansas
@BarBaraPrz Very nice. I prefer bottom freezers. I have no idea why I bought one with a top freezer this time.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I too was able to sleep in today since I don't have to be in to work till 130 and I woke up at 4 am.
• Marion, Kansas
Oh my, that could be a long day.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@GardenGerty I am laying back down now. Not necessarily sleeping. But just relaxing.
• Marion, Kansas
@thislittlepennyearns I am glad you can do that.
• Preston, England
I would hate working in a hotel and the hospitality business - the job would never end
• Marion, Kansas
I very briefly worked in food service in a private college. It considered itself "high end" to some degree and definitely was a pain.
• Preston, England
@GardenGerty it is poor work, lots of being ordered around and management trying to take your tips as well
i've done my laundry last friday
• Marion, Kansas
You had your weekend free then.
@GardenGerty not really im still stuck of chores dont know how to manage my time here in mylot i want to earn more points as much as i can but because of these chores i cant focus at all
@Plethos (9643)
Its great when those are lifes only worries for the day.
• Marion, Kansas
Pretty simple, meet the basic needs.
Imagine washing dozens of tablecloths in the 'good old days' and trying to get the various stains out.
• Marion, Kansas
I have washed table cloths for church activities, but I am sure in the very beginning they were still at the phase of boiling their wash.
Maybe you could not sleep because your body was so used to getting up at 5 am that it refused to let you sleep longer. I am sorry you could not sleep longer.
• Marion, Kansas
That is quite likely the case. I can only stay in bed so long.
@GardenGerty Sometimes I can also only stay in bed for so long and get up before my alarm goes off.
After a few years of getting up early because of the shift system at my young son's school - many years later, my body clock awakens me at the same time every day - between 5 and 6 a.m.
• Marion, Kansas
I have heard of schools running a shift system to educate more kids without building or maintaining more buildings. How does that work out where you are?
@GardenGerty It worked okay during that period - but I think it is changed now to regular school hours.
@kavinitu (4385)
I completed my laundry on Sunday morning
• Marion, Kansas
I think the sheets are in the dryer. We are caught up.
I do one load at a time when the laundry basket is full.
• Marion, Kansas
We each have a basket. Hubby usually does his own, but I think he overloads the washer so sometimes I sneak in ahead of him and wash his first.
It's your internal clock keeping you from being able to sleep in. My kids are the same way so I never get to sleep in either.
• Marion, Kansas
I can only stand to be in bed so long. I am getting more restful sleep the last few days.
Have a good day. I am up excited to head to town soon.
• Marion, Kansas
Have a great day yourself. Do you have special plans in town?