Rugs

Boise, Idaho
I wish we had hard wood floors. We have old, worn out rugs in a hideous grey color. I recently got them shampooed. They look so much better. I wish I could get them cleaned about every 4-6 months but usually end up getting them done annually. It's expensive! How often do you do your rugs?
We clean our rugs with the vacuum that you put water in, not sure what they’re called.
We clean ours with a vacuum too.
@toniganzon We vacuum weekly or bi-weekly depending then once every 3 months we'd shampoo them with the vacuum that was water and you put the shampoo/solution in.
Shampooer.
@peachpurple (12772)
We don't use rugs even though we have wooden floors
I would like the wooden floors instead of this rug.
@garymarsh6 (14501)
It is funny when we were young we did not have carpet just rugs scattered here and there. Then it became fashionable to have carpet everywhere.... guess what it is now fashionable to have wood flouring everywhere. It is like we have reinvented the wheel again! I guess people just do not like the labour intensive cleaning of carpets not to mention it is easier to clean wood flooring,
Much easier to clean the wood floors.
I have a rug shampooer. I wish I had one that steamed the carpets it would clean them even better. Our carpets are old as well and stained. I need to get rid of the one we have in our living room and replace it with a small throw carpet or whatever it's called.
That is what these carpet cleaners used. Steam.
@hereandthere (33013)
we used to have parquet flooring and it was a chore waxing and polishing them. now we have white tiles and sweeping and mopping it is a workout. but i like that it's brighter than the wood.
Not into the tile at all but, would love wood.
I can't recall how long it's been since I had carpet. I had wall to wall in florida. I am wondering when you say rugs is that what you mean? becauce I have rugs around my unit now. I wash them a few times a year. But I have no shoes on them. If you mean wall to wall carpet I had it for a few years. I never needed it cleaned. I wore no shoes in it. I think it was the closest to white that some kind of cream could be. I hate on all levels carpet. But the room was beautiful so it let it be. There are huge machines now and the cleaners will clean a rug. If you have a gate out in the front or back yard. you could hang the rug and wash it that way. I am hoping I got that. take care.
Carpeting, yes. Carpeting I can't take out. Gets so dirty.
• Eugene, Oregon
I used to like wall to wall, but Anne loves hardwood. When we moved three years ago, the wood floors were her deciding factor. Carpets just seem to harbor dirt.
I love hardwood too. The carpets sure do harbor the dirt and cat hair.
I'm lucky to have hardwood floors and they are easy to keep clean. I made sure when I moved here that hardwood was up there on my "must have" list.
Yes, you are.
once a month i brush them
@Plethos (11550)
I only have area rugs and vynil flooring. If i were possible, laying rugs over heavy traffic areas help and no shoes.
@ricki_911 (19954)
• Toronto, Ontario
I actually got rid of all my rugs so all i have is tiles and wood.
It's been a long time since we've had them cleaned but we vacuum all the time. It would be nice to have new rugs.
We have fitted carpets, and I shampoo them myself about once a year.
@KristenH (25151)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I vacuum my rugs at least once or twice a week--I do it in sections I tend to clean my kitchen floor once a week and the bathroom and foyer once a month with Swiffer and Murphy's oil.
We vacuum every few days.
@KristenH (25151)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I have small ones that I wash a few times a year and I just spot clean my carpet.
That is usually what I do as well.