Do You Require A Licence To Have Alcohol In A Bar?

@AKRao24 (17942)
In India alcohol is sold in the government approved outlets and many Hotels, Bars and Pubs also sell them. One needs to have a License to consume Alcohol in Hotels, Bars and Pubs which is issued by the government to the adult people. This fact is not known to many people in India as in Hotels, Pubs and Bars no body wants it to serve alcohol to their clients! Do you need to have a Licence to have alcohol in a Hotel,a Bar or a Pub? For my Indian friends ...Did you know that we require a permit to have alcohol in a Hotel, Bar or Pub? Thanks! [Picture: Coutesy: Pexel]
No, but we have to present an ID that would show our age.
@AKRao24 Without checking if indeed you are an adult.
@AKRao24 (17942)
Oh I understood it now dear @toniganzon ! Thanks!
We have to have a ID.
@AKRao24 (17942)
Here in India though there is rule nobody is bothered to follow it dear @TRBRocks420! Thanks!
@Sreekala (22879)
I am aware about it, for selling it need a licence but I really don't know whether drinking need a license.
@miketagz (7496)
Yeah that is strictly prohibited except for bringing their horses when travelling. It's exempted.
@AKRao24 (17942)
Exemption for whom, for the horse or the man bringing the horse dear @miketagz!
@miketagz (7496)
@AKRao24 any guest cannot enter without ID but horses can stay inside hahah
@AKRao24 (17942)
Hope they must be having special furniture and bar wares for them dear friend @miketagz ? Thanks!
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
I don't know about that and I never see any people showing their govt beverage outlets or bars. There may possibility that if they suspect a minor they can ask for a ID proof.
@AKRao24 (17942)
We have that in India and it is known as Permit dear friend! that is why most of the times Bars are known as Permit Rooms! That is a different case that no body follows the Rule! Thanks for the response dear friend @shshiju ! Have a nice time!
@AKRao24 (17942)
Please check it on net you will get to know about it dear friend @shshiju ! Thanks !
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
@AKRao24 Thanks for the information @AKRao24