It's almost that time...

Ponce De Leon, Florida
I am scheduled from 130-445 today, which yeah I know hardly seems worth the time. I am really hoping the two days that I am working that schedule this week, are the only two days that I have to do that. Because it's barely worth it for me to come in for that amount of time. I talked to one of the other cashiers and she's got a couple days where she's working the same amount of time. After work today, I don't have to be back to work till Friday. I am really excited about that. Three days with what should be pretty nice weather, so hopefully I will be able to get some projects finished. Lets hope that work isn't too hectic today.
Well, you still need the paycheck and this is guaranteed earnings despite the few hours.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I ended up getting a little extra in yesterday. I'm not sweating it, but I'm not giving up my days off if they call me in either.
• Preston, England
nice short shift - hope it goes smoothly
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It was a screwy shift from the word go but its okay.
@moffittjc (41092)
• Gainesville, Florida
That's really weird that they only schedule you for a little more than three hours. Is that typical that they schedule like that? What's the advantage to them to give you such short hours?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
The manager in each district that has used the least amount of hours gets a bonus at the end of the month. That;s what it is. Yesterday turned into a clusterf*c* of a day. But I ended up getting 4 and a half hours instead of what I was scheduled.
@moffittjc (41092)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thislittlepennyearns Sounds like typical retail.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@moffittjc That doesn't mean it makes me happy lol
@Plethos (9545)
I remember those kind of hours at a place i worked.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Its not as normal for me to get those hours, because I don't mind working early mornings or weekends. But I was a little annoyed at it.
@Daelii (4717)
That seems so silly for that short time! It would take me longer to get to my DT and back in drive time! Hah
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I live about 20 minutes from mine.
@dodo19 (31912)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It does seem like odd times to work. Not always worth it. It can be nice to have 3 days off though.