Does anyone else get annoyed by ignorance and hypocrites when it comes to debates about racism?

@Daelii (6403)
Seriously, does anyone else get annoyed by ignorance and hypocrites when it comes to debates about racism? I by no means support racism. It however doesn't make sense when people (I say ;people in general) post rant after rant using racist terminology to separate "their people" from "white people". Then they laugh about the plight of say 30,000 Irish slaves sold to America (look up Proclamation of 1625 ; King James II). The last person to do this on facebook laughed because 30k people are not as important as 1 million black people. So I asked them, "So, does this mean if current Muslim hatred expands into slavery. It would be ok to have 30k black slaves as long as there are at least a million Muslim slaves?" Why continue spreading hate and racist comments in an attempt to end racism? Seriously, everyone is a human. There are no 100% "pure" white people or any "color". Look up the DNA reveals in how so many people are a mix of all kinds of nationalities. I've yet to get an answer. They also profusely deny that any African chief in any tribe ever sold people into slavery. Yet, countless records exist to support it.
Nigerian civil rights group says tribal leaders' ancestors sold people to slavers and should say sorry like US and Britain
@indexer (2332)
• Leicester, England
Let's be absolutely clear - there are no superior races, no "chosen people", no reason why any race or religion can be considered better or purer or more worthy than any other. The world will only come to its senses when we all treat each other according to WHO we are and not WHAT we are.
The one thing that makes me happy right now. Is that you were one of the people I took pride in telling my daughter about. I am for sure happy about that. I try to pay this stuff no attention. It will sicken me.
@Daelii (6403)
Thank you! :) It use to bug me to no ends. One of my first websites I ran and paid for as a kid was a site called OnlyHuman.org . I wanted to promote the world view we are all human and we need to love and respect each other because we are all the same. I can't tell you how much racism I encountered. I was told to get a "black girl" on it, if I want it to taken seriously, because as a white girl I'm just playing barbie on the internet. I never quite understood how the "color" of the author made any difference when asking or showing issues that needed to be addressed to make a more peaceful world without additional labels in the "race box".
@Daelii I am sorry but that is the way some sick minds think. I would by pass them. but it's hard and trust me I know.
@Daelii (6403)
@sharon6345 I was doing that site back when I was a teenager. Late 1990's. I did learn that not having a pic or saying gender on a site kept the focus on the texts!
no white no black no brown all are humans and equal, no blue/green/brown/black eyes, no small/pointed nose, no tall/small people. no blonde/red/brown/black hair. everyone should respect differences no matter what they look like.
@Daelii (6403)
Exactly! We are all humans! I Love seeing the view of the earth from space, because it makes the planet look like a unified place. Its the same world we all live in. We are all the same. We are humans! It bugs me when people try to separate humans from each other to spread hate, fear, disdain, etc!
@Daelii even white people doesnt like to be treated unfairly but they still do it to brown/dark people like the asians its completely discrimination just because we dont look appealing like them, they can easily come to philippines with no visa but we here need to pay them a fortune for a visa
Yes, it is annoying. Get over it already - is how I feel about it.
@Daelii (6403)
Same! Its amazing how people cry about the past that did not happen to them. When given examples of how it did happen to other people (same time period) but then they go "it didn't happen to you, so it don't matter" then you go.. "does that apply to you?, because you were not a slave nor alive back then?" just move forward! yes! learn about the past so mistakes are not repeated. But live for a better tomorrow and make choices to make tomorrow a better world for all.
@Daelii Well said. I totally agree.
@kobesbuddy (59427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
God doesn't even see color! Even though he's the one who orchestrated all nations and nationalities of the world. People bring about these divisions, that were never meant to be.
@Daelii (6403)
Exactly! Our race is human. Anything else is useless classification that has no relevance to if we are a good or bad person. Our actions define that!
@kobesbuddy (59427)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Daelii There are good and bad people, in every race. Those divisions are man-made, just to create problems!
The problem is that if you disagree with anyone who is a different race, religion or even political party than you are then you are a "racist". The word is thrown around so much it has lost all its meaning. I agree completely with John, We are all one humanity and it is how we act that differentiates us not our color or religion or political affiliation.
@Daelii (6403)
That is so true, which is part of why I was a bit frustrated with this person saying what she did on facebook. She posted a very racist video and then used all kinds of racist, separation terms. Its just like wow! Then when she laughed about white people being slaves and its okay, I'm like, how?!?! No one, regardless of "color" should be a slave! Its like no one can move forward to a healthier future for all, if people are living back to a time period none of us alive were around to make those kinds of decisions!
@Plethos (12248)
Its not about racism anymore, its become about seperatism.
@Daelii (6403)
it really is! It was a few years back,. but one article that I just can't forget from reading in the news paper was an article published about how only "white people music" was played at the city events. I thought we had quite a few musicians that have demonstrated that music is music and anyone can listen to or play whatever they want. It was such a racist piece,