Do You Use Mobile Phone While Driving?

@AKRao24 (14335)
Today mobile phones have become indispensable in our lives! Not only for calling and texting but also for enjoying many applications present in it. That is the reason we tend to carry them every where we go. Do you carry your phone always with you? And finally Do you use your mobile phone while driving? Please give your response! Thanks! [Picture: Courtesy: Pexel]
I don't put my phone to my ears when I'm driving. Car has a bluetooth where my phone is connected
@AKRao24 (14335)
Yes, most of the people they do use their phones this way dear @toniganzon! But then this also creates disturbance in the driving. No? Thanks!
@AKRao24 No because I don't have to touch my phone at all. And I can talk using the car's speaker. I don't use a bluetooth earpiece.
@AKRao24 (14335)
OK, I understand that dear @toniganzon , but that is also can be distracting one no? Thanks!
I think there are rules that no one should use them while driving but hardly anyone follows it
@AKRao24 (14335)
Yes dear @thesupersingh it is an offense to use the mobile phones while driving in India. I don't know how serious people in Punjab, but in NCR and Maharashtra it is strictly implemented and are fined if caught while doing so by mobile courts then and there only! Thanks!
Super Singh, you are right but they should be enforced.
@Icydoll (14237)
Yeah I always carry phone with me..but don't talk while driving
@AKRao24 (14335)
Thanks a lot dear @Icydoll ! You are doing the same thing as I do! This ensures the safety of ours and the fellow travelers! Thanks!
I do not drive, my husband does and he never uses his phone while driving. If the police catches you using the phone while driving, you lose your driver license. In some cases you also risk to go to jail.
@AKRao24 (14335)
That is too stern action your government is taking dear @LadyDuck which sincerely needs an appreciation as using the mobile phones while driving can be very dangerous with today's modern vehicles which takes no time to touch high speeds! Thanks!
@AKRao24 Too many accidents happen because the drivers are distracted using their phones. I think it was a good decision to have a serious law to stop this bad habit.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Yes this is a big nuisance dear @LadyDuck! Government here is becoming strict day by day and I am happy that in the cities where we have maximum of traffic are obeying the law! Thanks!
@nomus24g (22078)
I am strictly against this & often end up scolding my driver for the same...
@AKRao24 (14335)
Same thing applies to me dear @nomus24g! I also repremand when my son tries to use his mobile phone while driving! Thanks!
@nomus24g (22078)
@AKRao24 good practice
@AKRao24 (14335)
Thanks dear @nomus24g ! God bless!
It's illegal here to drive and talk on the phone at the same time. People still do it but the fines are getting steeper. There are a lot of accidents because people will talk on their phones while driving.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Because of these accidents in India also it is an offense and it attracts good fine if one gets caught dear @JudyEv ! With high speed cars entering the market the things have gone much worst! Things are becoming difficult to mange with the youths who are very carefree and don't bother about the consequences of using the mobile phones while driving such Sports Utility Vehicles! Thanks dear friend for the response! Have a great time!
It is illegal here to use a phone while driving unless you have a hands-free device.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Yes it is understood dear @JolietJake ! With hands free set also we get disturbed at times while driving! So in principle I avoid using the phone while driving! Thanks!
@miketagz (7508)
That'ts really dangerous, I can't be off guard while using it. Maybe if there's an alternative way like not using any gasoline, just giving a food will get energized. I can manage it using rein
@AKRao24 (14335)
Thanks dear @miketagz, nice to know that at least at some places you become serious and feel the gravity of the situation! Thanks to know that you are not using the phone while driving! I have now my own doubts if my walking horse is hypnotizing you, as you never can conclude your response without mentioning him! Thanks!
@miketagz (7508)
@AKRao24 Did I say something suspicious? Hahaha. Anyway it's a clean and free energy. Unlike vehicles are contributing smokes.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Be cool and enjoy the life dear @miketagz
@dodo19 (32527)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Considering I don't drive, that's pretty easy for me.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Yes, if you don't drive then you can use your phone as and when you require. But then it is not advisable to use the same in places where you have lot of vehicular traffic dear @dodo19 ! Thanks!
@dodo19 (32527)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@AKRao24 That's true though. I try not to use them at busy intersections.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Thanks to know about it dear @dodo19...we get to see many accidents happening on roads because people are engrossed so much with the phone that they fail to pay attention to the traffic! Thanks!
I carry my phone with me not knowing when I will need to use it but do not use it all the time. I have a mobility scooter so concentrate on what is in front me and maybe stopped to use it while sitting and not moving. That is not safe to use it why driving. You need to pay attention of what you are doing and watch out for those that do use them.
@AKRao24 (14335)
I appreciate your views, driving requires a lot of concentration and a small negligence can cause a big disaster. It is always better to use the phone while you are not driving instead. I am also of the same opinion! Thanks dear @Hannihar ! God bless!
@AKRao24 You are quite welcome AKRao24. I have seen people pull over to the side or the sidewalk and make a call.
@AKRao24 (14335)
I too di like the same dear @Hannihar! Having located less crowded place I prefer to park my vehicle and start both parking lights/ blinkers and then I call back the person if I felt there could be an emergency! Thanks!
@rheicel (7333)
I don't have a car yet so it won't be a problem with me. Hehe But I think it's better to use a Bluetooth while driving just to be safe on the road while driving.
@AKRao24 (14335)
While wishing you good luck to get a car, I would like to inform you that blue tooth can also be quite a big distraction if used while driving dear friend @rheicel ! Best thing would be stopping the car at a safe place and respond back that too if feel that there can be some urgency! Thanks!
@rheicel (7333)
@AKRao24 Here no need to the stop the car because traffic is horrible so it wouldn't be a problem if you answer your phone while driving. Hahaha
@AKRao24 (14335)
You mean because of excessive traffic you move with a snail pace on the road dear @rheicel ? But then under such conditions it becomes more difficult to talk on mobile as we have to be always vigilant to dodge the traffic! Thanks for the response! God bless!
its a good thing i dont have a car lol because i might still use it eventhough its prohibited
@AKRao24 (14335)
Since you are not driving you have the feeling that you might use it, bit I am sure once if you use a car you will realize how dangerous can this be to use a mobile while driving dear @Strawberry18! Thanks!
@AKRao24 yw yeah i think so
@AKRao24 (14335)
Have a nice time dear @Strawberry18 ! Thanks for since response!
• Cuddalore, India
I don't use while driving. If I got call from someone I either stop the vehicle and attend the call or won't attend it.
• Cuddalore, India
@AKRao24 How is your day?
I have the most basic phone and have no plans to upgrade it.
@AKRao24 (14335)
I understand that dear @allknowing ! Unless it is not needed really, what is point in up dating the phone! Thanks!
@Prshnth (945)
• Bangalore, India
i would never talk but i have the habit of listening music....
@AKRao24 (14335)
That is understood and I too have good music systems fitted in all my Cars! But I am happy that you never use mobile phone while driving dear Prshnth ! God bless!
@prashu228 (25821)
No i dont use mobile phone while driving
@AKRao24 (14335)
That is a sensible decision dear @prashu228, I appreciate that ! We can't take any chances while on a move! Thanks for the response!
@rakski (11340)
this is really true. and a lot of accidents happen because of this. In my country, there is now a law of not using the phone while driving.
@AKRao24 (14335)
That is correct dear @rakski, because of many road accidents because of using the mobile phones while driving here in India also it is offense to use them. If any one caught doing so he can be fined upto Rs 1000/-, which I think is pending for revision! Thannks!
@Sreekala (22720)
Yes, I carry my mobile with me even though I am not a 'busy' person in mobile. I do not drive so no question of talking while driving.
@AKRao24 (14335)
Carrying mobile phone makes sense as we don't know when we require to use it or others they want to contact us! I appreciate that. That is best thing....no driving so no tension of using mobile phones while driving! Thanks!
No not while driving.
@AKRao24 (14335)
That is worth appreciation dear friend @TRBRocks420, as it is very dangerous to do so.in the interest of safety of self and others traveling on the road it is best not to use mobiles while on drive! Thanks!
@Plethos (10242)
no. they can leave a message.
@AKRao24 (14335)
That is nice way of doing it instead of talking with people while on move. The messages thus left can be read afterwards or after parking the vehicle at a safer place! Thanks dear @Plethos!