I played a joke on myself

@sallypup (29843)
Moses Lake, Washington
The temps were below freezing this morning but it was dry. That means a huge difference on road conditions. So I dropped hubby off at work, headed to Safeway. Felt in my pocket for my wallet. Oh no. No I didn't do that. Sure did. So I started the little car car back up and put the tranny into reverse. I drove about twenty minutes back to my house, picked up the pups and my wallet and drove about twenty minutes back to Safeway, this time with a driver's license and debit cards. You bet ya. I left my wallet in my soft jacket. At my house. And drove to town wearing my down jacket. I hope the pups liked their sudden car ride.
That has to be at least a nice drive.
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 I was grateful the roads weren't icy.
@sallypup that would be a plus I could get with too.
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 The tide has turned. Its snowing like crazy and I must drive in to get hubby in a couple of hours.
I bet the pups were happy about their sudden car ride!!! Fun for them, but not much fun for you.
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 I hope they were. They sat nicely and waited for me while I was in buying groceries.
@sallypup Good pups!!!
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@sallypup Glad you got to get what you needed! Have a wonderful weekend!
@kobesbuddy (59104)
• East Tawas, Michigan
The pups were just enjoying the ride! LOL And you, were not enjoying the fact, you had to backtrack for your wallet! I've done the exact same thing before, minus one dog:)
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kobesbuddy The super thing about that fiasco was that I discovered my goof up before I headed in and loaded the grocery cart. I would have been mortified if I had figured out what I'd done right when the clerk had rung up my bill.
@kobesbuddy (59104)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@sallypup I had that happen once, with my check book at home! This was before the time, of me having a debit or credit card.
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kobesbuddy Things are sure different now. I don't have checks handy these days or even cash.
I always make sure when I drive I have my driver's license with me.
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@toniganzon I usually do that, too.
It just goes to show you that the pups were meant to go for a ride!
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@DianneN Totally true.
I got as far as the checkout with my wallet the other day. Luckily they know me and stuck my trolley in the coolroom till I made the 7 km trip home and back. Talk about embarrassed.
@sallypup (29843)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv I'm sorry. Your scenario is exactly what would mortify me.
@oahuwriter (4076)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
It must have been very enjoyable for your pups. Whatever the reason it is for you not to go shopping, it'll all work out somehow. I'd go shopping and forget to get one thing. So I come home and remember at home and think to myself what a time to remember when I'm home! Then the Sunday came and the item went on sale. Things out work out for the best even if it's a bit annoying at the time when it happens.
@alberello75 (19910)
• Genova, Italy
But when you drove, did you have your driving license with you?
I sure that the pubs thought they had won the lottery!! My dogs love to travel in the car.
Oh man what a waste of gas and time. I've had that happen before as well.