Am I just imagining an illness?

burnout poster
@mydanods (6798)
Nigeria
I think I might get sick one day. The feeling is just there and it gets stronger everyday. As I have mentioned before in another discussion, I don’t sleep enough. I get like 4 hours sleep and I am awake. What I do is log onto mylot and respond to discussions. Then, during the day, I find myself dozing off when doing anything. I mean, literally dozing off. I could be having a discussion with someone, watching tv, or even eating and the urge to sleep will come. Then, to add to this, I trek all the time. This is stressful for me. I think that one day I am going to fall down sick the way I am going. Really going to be rushed to the hospital. Is this possible or am I just imagining things? Please enjoy your weekend. It is 4:42am over here. The sunday just started on a mylotting note.
I have days when I fall asleep doing things. It isn't necessarily a sick thing, but a need for rest. I hope that's what it is for you too.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I hope so. Maybe I'm stressing myself too much.
@mydanods You could be. Relax and you might find it will pass you by.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@just4him I'll say Amen to that. Wish you a blessed day.
Sleep is important, but you do not risk to be rushed to the ER because you do not sleep enough. Talk to your doctor and try to find a way to relax and sleep a little more.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
If it gets to a certain extent I will surely go and see a doctor.
@mydanods It should be better, before you start to feel depression.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@LadyDuck I am scared of depression. My sister-in-law had it and she was hospitalized. Does this cause it?
I don't think so but it's not going to be good missing all that sleep. You need to at least lay down a while.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I will. But there are so many things to do.
@mydanods there will be the chance to do them later..
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@sharon6345 Thanks for the reminder. I just need to say that to myself.
@Sundie (259)
It's like overthinking things. Take a break. Don't stress yourself out
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
Just between last week and this week, my Internet subscription company was having problems and I was not able to log onto the Internet for like three days. I couldn't sleep. I was stressed out. Maybe it contributed to the effect or problem.
@Sundie (259)
@mydanods Don't overthink. Don't be too negative. Everything will be okay.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@Sundie Thanks. I need the positive vibes.
That could very well happen. Not getting sleep does not help also. I know what I am pushed and pushed and get worn out with energy I will get sick.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
Please don't get sick. Take good care of yourself.
@mydanods I already got sick Nnaemeka.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@Hannihar Then don't get sicker. Take the doctor's advice.
The more you think about it the more you are making it into a reality. So yes that's going to happen because that's what you imagine happening to you. The brain is very powerful and it could materialised things when we give it too much thought.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I'll try to think on the positive. But the dozing while awake is real and it bothers me a lot. I am trying to increase the hours of sleep I have.
@mydanods don't worry too much, it might affect your health. You can go to the doctor if it bothers you a lot. They can probably give you some multivitamins to cope up with that.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
@toniganzon Okay. I will heed your advice.
@kepweng (9361)
hope you go to doctor
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I will watch it and see. Thanks for the help
@anikoonline (2124)
• Hungary
Sleeping is very important. Maybe you think of these things because of the lack of sleep. I think mayby you should visit a medical doctor with your sleeping problems. I hope you will feel better soon!
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
By God's grace I will be better. I appreciate your concern.
I hope that you could find enough time to sleep and relax.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I'm thinking about it and will come up with a solution to the problem soonest else I'll go and see a doctor.
@ms1864 (7001)
• Bangalore, India
If your body is craving for proper sleep and you are denying it that rest...you might be causing more internal damage than you might be aware of. It is unhealthy. Please do rest. If you do not wish to sleep throughout the night, try fit in a nap during the day.
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
That's the point I am thinking of; how to take little naps during the day. Like 30 minutes naps once in a while.
@db20747 (4938)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
You may have anxiety. Everything is going to be fine. Just relax and say a prayer!!
@mydanods (6798)
• Nigeria
I will try to relax. About saying a prayer, thanks for reminding me. I will surely do that whenever the dozing spell comes again.