What Did You Expect?

I must apologize for not being around much. I've been living it up in Florida. Did you expect me to sit on my computer all day indoors or even myLot from work, which I wouldn't do, even if I did work! This weekend was exceptionally busy, even for me. I've been walking, golfing, playing tennis, shopping, going out for brunch, lunch, and dinners with my sweet husband and different groups of friends, and to top it all off, did two new things. We have a friend of a friend, who took a small group of us on his yacht for a ride on the ocean. Cocktails, nibbles, sun, and fun! Another friend of a friend's nephew took us out in his speedboat yesterday. I tried water skiing in the ocean for the first time ever. I tried about 20 times, and only managed to stay up for a total of 3 minutes. . There were shark and riptide flags up, so that frightened me every time I flopped in the water. Did I miss much on myLot over the weekend? ~ Photo is another yacht in my backyard
you did not miss much.I rather be doing what your doing than here.Life is short.Enjoyed it.Do not worry about my lot .
Good to hear. We are both lucky to have a busy life outside of myLot!
@DianneN yes we are.
@garymarsh6 (14490)
@amadeo @DianneN what what but you missed........... OH I had better keep that quiet It would be cruel to let you know what you didn't miss!
@TheSojourner (17298)
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Once you find out what you missed, let me know! I don't pay much attention here as I've not been here too much lately! Haha
Today I'm taking it very easy. Tomorrow starts another crazy week. Can't wait to go back home to rest!!!
@DianneN safe travels home!
@CoralLevang Hopefully we will chat again before I leave in April. lol
@hereandthere (32980)
somehow i can't imagine the glamorous dianne flopping in the water... but trying 20 times means you're really determined to nail it! how fast does the speedboat go?
It went too fast for me! I have no idea how fast the boat went, but I'm sure it was a reasonable speed. I'm just a klutz on the water. I looked like a drowned rat immediately and the wake of the boat, mixed with the waves of the ocean, were not my cup of tea.
@DianneN at least you tried and stayed upright for 3 minutes! maybe jetskiing is more your thing?
@hereandthere LOL! No way! I'm too chicken for that.
@nitirrbb7 (3756)
No I guess everyone at myLot missed you you really having a super time
You are so sweet to say that! I love Florida in the winter!!!!!!
@nitirrbb7 (3756)
@DianneN Thank you, You love Florida and Florida love's
@nitirrbb7 I love my home state, too, but not during our winter. lol
@FourWalls (15705)
Well, you could at least say hi from the yacht....
I was technology free all weekend. Hi from my kitchen!
@FourWalls (15705)
@DianneN -- that's nowhere near as exciting as the yacht!
@FourWalls Tell me about it! Grrrr!
Glad to hear you have been having a fun time.
Thanks! You're probably sick of hearing it.
@DianneN No not at all. I have a fun time everyday.
I haven't been here much myself, so don't know if we missed much. Glad you had a fun weekend. I tried water skiing from my boss's boat on the French Riviera when I was young - it's not easy
Apparently, I haven't missed a thing. No, it's not easy, but my granddaughter has been doing it since she started camp. I wonder it it's easier on a lake? lol
@DianneN Yes, a lake would probably be easier - a more unruffled surface.
@mydanods (6747)
• Nigeria
The things you missed you made it up by enjoying your little vacation. I'd rather be in your shoes.
Aww, thanks.
Heck no, you missed nothing, go now and do Florida.
@sw8sincere (5188)
This was beautifully captured. Thank you for sharing this photo =)
Thank you!
@sjvg1976 (18403)
Glad to know that you are enjoying your tour. It's okay when we are busy and enjoying our life then it's tough to sit and work on computer.
Thanks and so true!
I remember once for P.E. my school drove the students to a golfing range. I was embarrassingly bad at hitting that ball past ten feet.
I'm still that bad! I swing and miss half the time.
With the fun you have been having it is impossible that you could have missed anything that we poor myLotters have been busy with (lol)
Im coming for a visit to see exactly what I've missed!
We missed you and I'm always happy to hear about your adventures there in Florida. I always wanted to learn to water ski but certainly not in waters with sharks
Thanks! Lol! There are always sharks in the water here. Never again will I water ski in the ocean.
@garymarsh6 (14490)
Sounds like you had a nice time but blow the sharks! Another of my freaky friends only second to snakes!
Snakes, spiders, sharks, and that other unmentionable "S" word are all my worst fears.
@Icydoll (25777)
Mylot missed you dear.....I missed you.seems you enjoyed lot with friends and your outdoor activities..cool to know dear..have nice time
Aww, thanks for missing me! I only walked this morning and did some cleaning. I'm just plain exhausted!
That's why I haven't seen you post a discussion recently. But of course I don't really expect you to post every single day as I don't do that either. Life outside of mylot can be really more exciting, going somewhere, meeting new people, and all the other activities that are fun to do. I will be away from mylot too but only for two to three days maybe. I will be on a business trip again tomorrow, the 28th of February and will be back home on March 2nd. Me and my friend, business partner will surely be shopping as well which we always do while away on a business trip.
I've noticed you don't post daily and agree that real life is much more exciting and fun. Have a very good business trip and, more importantly, have a blast shopping!!!!
@DianneN I surely will. Patric Starrr has just launched his new Mac collection here in the Phil and I can't wait to get all those.
@toniganzon Love Mac!!!!
@yugocean (8847)
Oh just enjoy life, I too am not expected to be here all the time; BTW I am on mobile too and post whenever I like to post.
I'm trying to be both places at once. It's not possible. Lol! I worked on notifications from the car yesterday while my husband was driving. Should do more of it!
@yugocean (8847)
@DianneN YESSSS I too did while traveling in Metro.
@yugocean That's smart! Lol!
No you did miss much, having fun in real life is much more important.
I figured as much. Just more talk about the weather. loll I'm trying hard to squeeze lots of things in before we have to return home and exhausting myself doing so.
@DianneN Is it almost that time of the year? I know you would live in Florida all the year round, I would too.
You make me love the fact that once I can take care of things here I have the possibility of getting back to my homeland the US and living in an apartment in my best friends from the 7th-grade house which is in Florida. You know you make it sound like a lot of fun. I don't even care if at times it will get very hot because we are now in the deep freeze here and I cannot wait for things to warm up. Hope you enjoy yourself this week.
So you will be living in Florida? How super and wonderful!!!!! There is always the a/c, so not to worry! Where in Florida is the apartment? Hurry back!
@DianneN my friend lives in Daytona Beach.
@RasmaSandra I know where that is! It's in northeast FL about 41/2 hours from us. I can't wait until you are here!!!