Favorite BIG #1 HITS Through the Year: 1967 Country

@FourWalls (13715)
Being a music geek, I know a lot of music that nobody's ever heard of. So, to balance things out, I decided to count down my favorite #1 songs by year for the first 25 years of my life. Of course, being old, there are a lot of these nobody's ever heard of, too! Here's the next #1 song from the world of country music, the one I chose for 1967. 1967 (Country): There Goes My Everything - Jack Greene I was hoping that last year would have been the year to induct Dallas Frazier into the Country Music Hall of Fame, given that last year was the songwriter's turn in the "rotating category." He's written a ton of great music over the decades (yeah, he wrote "Elvira," too, but that song's problem is being so overplayed). This song is a prime example: a woman is leaving, and the man singing is falling to pieces like a Patsy Cline song. "The love that kept this old heart beating has been shattered by the closing of a door." Wow. Jack Greene's solo breakthrough came with this song. When he recorded this he was the drummer for Ernest Tubb's Texas Troubadours. This sent him on his way to his own superstardom. After Dallas Frazier became a Christian he re-wrote this song as "He is My Everything." Roy Clark recorded that version on his gospel album The Magnificent Sanctuary Band, and Greene would frequently perform it with "There Goes My Everything" in his final years on the Opry. This is one of the most memorable songs in country history, a well-performed version of a masterful song. There Goes My Everything Written by Dallas Frazier Recorded by Jack Greene From There Goes My Everything, 1966 #1 for seven weeks, 1966-67 CMA "Song of the Year," 1967 There goes my only possession:
@miketagz (7496)
Lyrics: There goes my only obssession There goes my everything I hear footsteps fastly walking As they mildly walk across a mudly floor And a voice is hardly saying Pigs, this will be goodbye forever more
@FourWalls (13715)
Here's a song for you, my friend:
I bet Tammy Wynette had a laugh about this. at least she maybe didn't cry. Homer & Jethro up to their trick as normal murdering a song. in this case D.I.V.O....
@miketagz (7496)
@FourWalls Ok, i'll listen to it.
@miketagz (7496)
@FourWalls hehe great song even simple.
Isn't he the guy who did "The Love Boat?" Just kidding.
I don't know this singer at all.