A Control Freak

I know everyone knows a control freak. The one who always has to watch what they want on t.v. the ones that tells others how to drive or will not ride with anyone else at all, they have to drive. The grocery shopper that only buys what they like.... you know what I am talking about, the control freak. This one person, I wont mention a name is a 100% control freak. If you want her to do something she will not, especially helping others. However she will do little things that really don`t matter. For some reason she likes to bytch at me about my tenants, like I can call them and tell them what to do and not do. As long as they are not breaking the lease I will not make them move. Yes they are young, around 30 years old, Yes they have friends and gatherings. Yes they come in and out. Yes ... they are just living. The thing about it is that she was worst at that age than the people she is complaining about.This is getting on my nerves. This is why I do not answer the phone. I have told all the neighbors of my rental property, don`t like how they live, call the cops. I figure if the cops tell the neighbors complaining they are not breaking the law they will let them be, if they are breaking the law they will get a citation or jail. But I cannot nor will I try to be a control freak about people just being people.
Some people simply love the idea of being in charge and in control of others in some way. From the security guard to the big boss.
I am my own boss but I believe in live and let live too.
@jobelbojel (6540)
I don't like to be around this type of person.
Me either because I want to tell them off but I know that is also not right.
@andriaperry I know. I want to tell them too. But I am waiting for the right time.
@TheSojourner (17492)
Oh, they're everywhere, they're everywhere! Even here on my lot! Haha
I can named a couple here.
@Srbageldog (7696)
Sounds like my dad. He bytches at me over stupid little things MY neighbors do, like leaving the garbage toters out on the sidewalk (who cares?) or parking next to the curb in front of our fourplex (again, who cares?) He also gets mad over things his own neighbors do, like rinsing down their driveway so water flows out into the gutter in front of their house...little things like that. He is definitely a control freak, even acting like my sister and I still have a curfew if we go out, getting mad if my boyfriend misses a day of work (which is none of my dad's business if he calls in sick once in a blue moon!) and yelling at my mom if she's a few minutes late coming out of work. Yes, he also has to always have control of the TV and always has to be the one to drive, even though he bytches about driving.
She is not that bad, lol.
Sounds like that person needs to find something to do other than watching the neighbors.
I agree
I wouldn't want to talk to that person either.
Some people!
@andriaperry Yes, andria I understand what you are saying and do not have to say more. Some people is a good way to say it.
I would not like to have someone who tells me all the time what I have to do. Until your tenants pay and do nothing wrong or dangerous, let them live.
That is what I do, I listen and act concerned and let them be. I did tell one of them they need to cool it late at nght.
@andriaperry You are doing the right thing. If you listen too much to people you become crazy.
God forbid someone has guests over. The nerve!
I know, right?!
@josie_ (6355)
As long as my neighbor's nighttime activities are kept within reasonable sound decibels I don't complain. Besides, my neighbors on both side of our house are elderly couples and go to sleep early.
I know its hard o live in a neighborhood but not everyone has to do exactly like everyone else, I do like my music too.
My mother is a control freak terrible. I'd say it's beyond that though but I can't think of the word right now I'm so tired.
I am to tired too. I am going to bed soon, good night.
@UncleJoe (9301)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Some people think Becky is a control freak because I like to do everything she wants, but I assure you she isn't. (BTW, she told me to write that.)
You poor thing!
I would not answer the phone either if I had to deal with a person who complained all the time about things that are not worth complaining about.
I did talk to the tenants but not telling them about the complaint.
@FayeHazel (15166)
Good luck, no seriously.... my dad is that way.... yeah..... wish I had some better advice
I always answer call the cops.
@Courage7 (5077)
Oh the control freaks, sociopaths are the worst to be around.
Yes!
@Platespinner (16588)
During our landlord tenure (thankfully a VERY short term situation) our tenant and her boyfriend would try to draw us into their disagreements, invariably at 3 AM. Having the neighbours call the cops instead if you is a wise approach!
Been there done that, they used to come to my door! One reason I moved and did not tell anyone where. I had talked to the police more than once, within 20 years,they all have told me since they rent they are responsible, I am not the one to call and complain when something goes wrong the others are.
Some people need a life
Big time.
Unfortunately some people worry more about others than their own lives. =(
Exactly.
I don't know why we find people like that every where
Yes to many exist.